This post has 8 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,860
Roxana Posted: Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:06 AM

A Quilting Resource

Quilters Helping Quilters: That’s What This Group is About

We know QCA offers excellent Resources already, but we want to keep resources from getting buried within threads where none of us can find them again. One such resource is Top Websites for Quilters on QCA.

What we desire for this group is to be able to share and refer each other to as many written tutorials and “how-to” videos as we can within specific topics for beginning quilters to advanced. Please join the group and use it as we “grow” our own “Quilting Handbook” for reference when we get into a spot or simply want to learn a new technique.

Once a thread has been exhausted, we'll transfer the information to a PAGE in the group for ready access.

There are two threads now in the group called "General Information" and "Binding a Quilt". 

Join the group and let me know what you think! It will only work if we use it to help each other learn more.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,835
Candis replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 2:43 PM

This is going to be a much needed, very helpful  group. Almost every topic I gave seen, in discussions someone has posted a helpful site. Now they can post in that group and it won't be buried.

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,568
Points 118,460

Roxana, thanks for setting this up.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,055
Sheila replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:15 PM

Roxana,  I am getting ready to make a quilt for a school teacher & I want to copy the students handprint & applique it onto a block.  I haven't worked w/ freezer paper before & someone said to trace the kids handprint on that then you can transfer it to the fabric.  Can I do that & how do I go about it?  Does the freezer paper stick to the fabric & I need help please.

Thanks, Sheila Taylor

• Sheila from Shenandoah, Virginia
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,140

Thank  you for posting this, I am sure it will be very helpful.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,860
Roxana replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:36 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Roxana, thanks for setting this up.

Thanks, Judy. It will only work if everyone participates with their resources. We just wanted to be able to readily find the resources instead of having to search the Web again or search QCA to find that conversation that we KNOW we read about! .... So join in the fun!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,860
Roxana replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:37 AM

Tami Taylor:

Thank  you for posting this, I am sure it will be very helpful.

Thank you, Tami. Join us there!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,860
Roxana replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 5:39 AM

Sheila:

Roxana,  I am getting ready to make a quilt for a school teacher & I want to copy the students handprint & applique it onto a block.  I haven't worked w/ freezer paper before & someone said to trace the kids handprint on that then you can transfer it to the fabric.  Can I do that & how do I go about it?  Does the freezer paper stick to the fabric & I need help please.

Thanks, Sheila Taylor

Sheila, I don't think it is difficult but I am no expert. The shiny side of the freezer paper does iron and stick to fabric. I'll start a thread on the group and get others to respond. Thank you!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,860
Roxana replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 10:33 AM

The new group can be found at the following link:

A Quilting Resource

It's open to all!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use