Top 10 Posters

Storm at sea quilt made by lady whose daughter was going to college

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 40
lizrule posted on Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:51 AM

Hi All,   I saw this quilt in qnm a long time ago.  It was green blue and purple colours.  It was so gorgeous.  I would love to make it.  Has anyone any photo copies of this quilt.   looking forward to any replies.   Liz

• | Post Points: 35

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 500 Contributor
294 Posts
Points 4,780
Verified by lizrule

This may be the pattern you're looking for, lizrule. The instructions are there to copy. http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/details.html?idx=8337

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
294 Posts
Points 4,780
Verified by lizrule

This may be the pattern you're looking for, lizrule. The instructions are there to copy. http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/details.html?idx=8337

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 40
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 40

Hi everyone,  thank you for all yur good advice.  I am very grateful.  But I would really like to see this quilt again in colour.  My hubby said I had too much stuff and I had to throw out my magazines.  I know the storm at sea block I just wanted to see this quilt again. My son loved it and I would like to make it for him in the same colours.  I am not well and I just want him to have something from me.  I have made him many quilts over the years for my sons but I baulked at this.  Now I want to make it.If anyone has a copy I would really really appreciate it.   I don't remember the lays name I wish I did. Thank you all for your advice.  love patchwork and quilting.   You are all lovely.

thanks , Liz rule

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
817 Posts
Points 15,545

https://www.google.com/search?q=storm+at+sea+quilt&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Tw1ZU8TcLPTLsQTE_ILgBg&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=651

I Googled "storm at sea quilt" and these images came up. I hope this helps. There are so many variations on the colors. Maybe you'll find the one you're looking for.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
294 Posts
Points 4,780

Lizrule, I'll keep an eye out for a color photo of your quilt. I was sorry to read that you were made to throw out your quilt magazines. Mine are an invaluable resource that I use over and over again, and I would just not part with them! If I had a husband who gave me an ultimatum about them.... well.... I'd respond by "helping" him clean out his garage/shop!! Some things are just not negotiable! haha. 

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use