Top 10 Posters

Block Rockit Midarm

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
26 Posts
Points 625
redfish21 posted on Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:03 AM

I have been looking for a few years about getting a frame with a longarm. As everyone knows these are EXPENSIVE. Kathy Quilts have just put out a new midarm which seem to be getting wonderful reviews. The price is great. I joined the Yahoo group and those who got it love it. My fear is this is new on the market. Should I go for this or continue to look?

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
72 Posts
Points 600

I would keep looking for a used machine.  There are some good prices out there.  If you are going to quilt much, you want at least an 18" throat, if not bigger.  Check out  House of Hanson, Longarm University, APQS Forum, HQ Forum, and even Craigslist within your area.  Dave Jones, on the APQS forum, will even help you transport a machine across the country for a reasonable fee so you don't have to deal with shipping.

Go to a show that has several companies demoing their machines and test drive them so you know which machine is a good fit for you.  We each have different preferences.

Good luck in your search.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
33 Posts
Points 230
Linny replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 1:07 PM

I've only had mine  for a short time but hours on it already. I love it. I also have a sit down BabyLoc Tiara. Right now I am trying to figure out if I can put a already spray basted quilt on the frame instead of using my sit down. I love the BlockRocket that much!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,146 Posts
Points 17,620

Linny who is the Block Rocket made by.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
784 Posts
Points 12,675

Will have to check the Block Rockit out.

Not Ranked
26 Posts
Points 625

The Block Rockit is made by Kathy Quilts who have sold frames and short arm machines for a long, long time. I looked at everything on the market including used machines but could not find anything close to the price with the exception of Bailey. In the yahoo group for Bailey it seemed there where so many adjustments to make. Even though this was the 17" I wanted I decided it wasn't for me. I ordered the Block Rockit last week and it just arrived today. I can't wait to have it all set up.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,146 Posts
Points 17,620

The block rockit sounds great, I wish I could afford one, maybe in a few years. Have fun with your new friend.

Not Ranked
26 Posts
Points 625

I am having a blast though it is going to take much work to get really good at it. The Block Rockit 14 is a wonderful machine. Once I figured things out thanks to one of the of the owners, Lynn, and the yahoo support group I have been quilting away. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,367 Posts
Points 37,280
Linda replied on Sun, May 11 2014 9:13 AM

I have an Elna Quilter's Dream Pro midarm for several years now. I love it! I have it serviced once a year and I have no problems with it. One of the best machines I've ever owned.

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

So glad to hear that.  I am on the website now.  Have everything ordered, just waiting to press the button.  Thank you so much for your review!

I am a newby of newbies in quilting but I love, love, love it.  I bought A Bernina 580, then a Bernina 820 along with the Bernina Frame (which I now know it is a Grace with the Bernina Name on it)  Have been really frustrated with my Bernina Dealer.  Way too long to explain and really don't want to bad mouth anyone.  When I realized that a Bernina was not really made to go on a quilt frame, I started searching, AND SEARCHING, and which all the monies I have spent (in the last year) I just couldn't bring myself to spend 10,000s of 1000s of dollars more on a longarm.  I think Rockit is my best bet.

Thank you so much!

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 110

Please let me know how you like the machine....thinking of purchasing but would like some feedback before I do.

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 110

I am thinking of purchasing this machine and would like more details.  I spoke to Lynn this morning and he was very informative.  Are you able to quilt large quilts and is there enough room to make large designs?  Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
2,757 Posts
Points 38,940
ls2116 replied on Wed, May 28 2014 12:13 PM

I seen the ad for the machine but don't know if it is just free motion or if there are feed dogs.  Luckky ones that has the new one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,146 Posts
Points 17,620

IS, I went to Kathyquilts.com and it looks like it is only for free motion quilting, it is made to be on a frame, I didn't see any where that there talked about feed dogs, and no extra feet were mentioned. It comes with a free motion foot.

Not Ranked
26 Posts
Points 625

The Block Rockit is for a frame but they are getting ready to offer it to those who want a sit down model. I have mine on a grace majestic frame which Kathy Quilts sells at a deep discount when buying with the machine.

Let me just say that I LOVE my machine. Since it is for machine quilting only there are no feed dogs. I have been putting in lots of practice and am almost ready to do a real quilt. I have never really done machine quilting before. I had a longarmer do it for me. 

This machine is easy to use and sews beautifully. Like any new machine there is a learning curve but the problems have been with me not the machine. This machine has a 14" throat space and can do about 10" of uninterrupted sewing. It has been worth every penny I spent on it and can't wait to start on real quilts. 

If you have any other questions just let me know. 

Alison

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use