Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain Posted: Sun, Apr 13 2014 12:35 PM

I'm a little confused with the browser issue. For the past year most members have been having problems logging on with IE. I didn't have that problem because I always use Chrome. Now I cannot log on through Chrome. I have to use IE. I really don't like IE as they have continuous problems. My daughter (computer programmer) advised me not to use IE because Chrome was so much easier and less problems but I like it better anyway. Telling us to continually use one browser or another is like telling us with brake problems on our car, not to use the brakes and we won't have any problems. In what world  is it acceptable to only use one browser when there are so many of them out there. Also, I'm wondering in what world is it acceptable for a company not to fix these types of web site problems. If any other business were to have these problems, they would no longer be in business. Think about it.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,820
Candis replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 1:09 PM

Melissa, Kris posted a tip about emptying your cache, she posted in the fabric swap ideas. It helps, I did it, now I can sign in and do everything using any browser, even though I use my IPad only and use safari.  Take a look might help! I hope so, also hope your feeling better!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,820
Candis replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 1:13 PM

Here is Kris's reply! I hope you don't mind Kris!

If one browser works but another doesn't you may need to empty the cache, delete bookmarks and remove cookies from the one you've used frequently. As QCA updates the website data will change and the info saved on your browser will be outdated.

You should do this periodically to keep your browser running smoothly. Do a search on how to empty the cache, etc for your specific browser. They're not all the same.

Isn't it great that QCA is taking a turn for the better?

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Thanks so much for the info Candis. I've done all that. Several times, as a matter of fact. Still not working on Chrome. I still wonder how this can continue with people working on it everyday. It boggles the mind. Or at least my feeble little mind.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,704
Points 364,332
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 7:22 PM

Melissa, here's a link for how to reset Chrome. This page says:

"If you’re still having issues you may have a program installed on your operating system that is updating your Google Chrome settings."

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use