Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 240
Andrea Posted: Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:19 PM

Hello all! My name is Andrea and as the title says- I'm in Ohio (originally from NY!). I'm a stay-at-home mom to two littles, and I love, love, love quilting. :) I recently purchased my first long arm which I'll be picking up in a week, and I'm really excited about that! Looking forward to getting to know you all. 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 717
Points 14,070

Welcome, Andrea!  Congratulations on the new longarm - what kind did you get?  We'll all be looking forward to stories and photos of your quilting adventures.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Points 2,830
Patricia4 replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:46 PM

Hello Andrea, welcome aboard!  I am in California, stay-at-home mom to two almost-growns!  I am new to quilting but totally obsessed.  Exciting news on your long arm, you'll have to post some photos!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 240
Andrea replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:15 PM

Thanks for the welcomes! 

Carol- I bought a used Gammill Premier. It's no frills, but so is my domestic machine and we get along just fine. :)

Patricia- It is so easy to get sucked into the world of quilting! I'm obsessed, too. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:00 AM

Hello and welcome Andrea.  I'm in south eastern Ohio, where are you? 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:11 AM

Hi andrea, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 3,425

Hi and welcome, Andrea!  This is a great place for all of us totally obsessed with quilting.

Barbara

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 717
Points 14,070

Andrea, I bought my Gammill from A Touch of Thread Quilting Gallery in Zanesville. If you ever need any assistance or supplies for your machine, the people there are great!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 240
Andrea replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:07 AM

Thanks, everyone! 

Erin- I'm in Springfield (between Columbus and Dayton).

Carol- Thanks for the tip! I actually looked them up yesterday online, so I'm glad to hear they're great. I plan on bringing the machine in to them when I get it to get some EdgeRider wheels. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Lisa replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:14 AM

Hello I am also from Ohio (Cincinnati) and loving the world of quilting although I am an infant quilter (only been quilting or sewing for 1 year) I love it and can't wait to learn more.!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:43 PM

Hi and welcome to both Andrea and Lisa, glad you joined us.  

Congrats on your long arm, Andrea, wishing you many happy hours of quilting on it.  

Lisa, being an "infant" quilter, you have so many years of enjoyment ahead of you, take it slow and easy with every step you take and have fun!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:07 PM

Welcome, Andrea and Lisa, to QCA! You'll find a great group of quilters here ready to help and inspire you on your quilting journey. Check out the Fabric Swaps group if you are interested. We have one swap currently open.  You can find information about it here: Patriotic Block Swap - Hostess: Candis

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use