Suggestions for fun at a quilt guild meeting

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
A Quilt Diva Posted: Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:47 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for fun things we can do a our quilt guild meeting?

We do QUILTO once a year but I am thinking there must be other fun things we can do that don't cost a lot of money.  What do other guilds do?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:18 PM

So are you talking specifically about games?  

We do fun projects and challenges.  And we do a fun birthday raffle to raise money for our speakers.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:25 AM

Quiltguilds.com. Is a great site for ideas on games and things to do at meetings and retreats.  I don't belong to a guild at the present time. QCA is my Guild!  And a darned good one at that!  People here are wonderful!   Check out the site I think it may help!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,366
Points 242,487
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:38 AM

We have done fat quarter exchanges, charm exchanges, Block  exchanges where you make the same block - put it in a drawing and one person wins the blocks and has to make a quilt top from them and this has to be completed within 2 meetings...gets you motivated...

We have a class each meeting to learn something... this can be repeats over the years as you get new members who are always needing to learn the basics of quilting...

We have name tags that we make and if you aren't wearing yours you have to put a quarter in the jug - once a year the monies from this are given out to a lucky winner...

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
llinn replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:47 AM

testing

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
GinnyM replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:34 PM

I am thinking about games or things to get the members attention during the meeting.  Guild business is a bit dull and the speaker budget doesn't streach to cover the whole year.  Something fun to give folks a reason to come to the meetings.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
GinnyM replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:36 PM

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will definatly check that site out.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
GinnyM replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:38 PM

Thank you,

I like the idea of a class each meeting.  We are getting flush of new members and that should be interesting to them and some of the longtime members may be ready for a new idea or reminder of a technique.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use