Top 10 Posters

Just wondering? What is the oldest UFO you have?

Page 4 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:05 PM

The oldest UFO I have that I started is from 1998 when my youngest nephew was born. It's a mess with zigzag seams and no single square block. It was only my second quilt & I'd had no classes or anything. So, it will probably remain a UFO - I'm to embarrassed to finish it!

The oldest UFO I own that someone else made was likely made by a great aunt & is a grandmother's flower garden.  My grandmother did not quilt but her much older sisters did.  Unfortunately, they - and my aunts' direct descendants - are gone so I have no way of knowing who made it or when. I can guess it was from the 1920s-40s but that's as close as I can get. I hope to quilt it some day but want to finish it in a way that's true to its original time period.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Jenia, I especially like the 1940's quilt top! It looks very well pieced, a real treasure! Would love to see it here when you finish it. And the family quilts too! They are so pretty.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

I've enjoyed reading this thread.  I'm so like so many of you.

I've been racking my brain, mentally going through my sewing room.  I haven't been able to ID which is the oldest or how many there are!  What keeps coming to mind is the first quilt I ever made.  It was finished, gifted, used and worn thread bare.  Then returned for repair.  Probably over twenty years ago. Still waiting for me to repair.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 115

I'm rather anal at having to finish my projects, but I do have 2 unfinished. One is 4 and 1 is one year old. I looked at it last week and put it back under the bottom of

my fabric

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

wig:

I'm rather anal at having to finish my projects, but I do have 2 unfinished. One is 4 and 1 is one year old. I looked at it last week and put it back under the bottom of

my fabric

Heh! That's what I do , but mine are in a tote! I pull them out ever so often!  But, stuff right back in! Lol

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use