Top 10 Posters

Just wondering? What is the oldest UFO you have?

Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 14,775
Marlabartlett60 Posted: Wed, Apr 2 2014 9:55 AM

I saw this question on another site awhile back.  Thought it was interesting, they even posted photos.   Sooo,  I really don't have real old ones, but I would say the oldest is an unfinished Round Robin Quilt . I belonged to a Yahoo quilting group some 8 or 9 years ago., the top is lovely, with a lot of bright colors but I  haven't you he'd it since I received it back!  Ok that's my oldest one.  I was always OCD about having to finish a quilt before I started a new one.  But now. I gave graduated to 4 or 5 projects at once!  May need serious therapy though! Lol.  Any one else care to share? 

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 10:09 AM

I have 2 UFO's.  One I am and have been working on for about 8 months.  The other is 3 years old.  Itook a deer panel apart for a friend's baby shower, and I liked how it coame together so much I used the extra panel I bought before I forgot what I did.  It hangs in the closet in my sewing room, and 1 day I will find  a reason to layer and quilt it.  And yes I have coordinating fabric with it for the binding

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,745
Points 139,610

Candis, I think my oldest UFO is the quilt top I put together at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat. It's made up of 20 leaf blocks everyone did. I added blocks of my hubby's wildlife cartoons which I free motion embroidered. It will get quilted "someday" as my granddaughter desperately wants this quilt. She loves fall colors but mostly I think because of grandpa's drawings.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Judy, the quilt is really pretty, and so unique! You're sooo close to being finished with it, if only....  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,745
Points 139,610

SpringerMom:

Judy, the quilt is really pretty, and so unique! You're sooo close to being finished with it, if only....  :)

I know. Each time my granddaughter stops by she pulls out the top and gives me "the look". She turns 21 in June. I suppose it would be the perfect gift but....... Maybe I'll check what a long arm would charge for a basic all over quilting.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,599
Points 48,445

The oldest UFO I have is not really mine. I have a bunch of Dresden plate blocks that my aunt made in the 1930s. I plan to put them together in the not too distant future. I have a Featherweight from the 30s and want to get it cleaned up and use it for the project. I have only been quilting for a little over 5 years so my oldest UFO is probably about 4 years old.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 14,775

Judy!  Get that Quilted!!! It is so pretty and special!! Maybe this thread and all of us will motivate you to get er done!!  I love the sentimentality of this! What a beautiful keepsake!!   Do it! Do it! Do it!!!     Lol. Really so special!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

It would be a wonderful "big event" special gift for her, one day. I have a pretty one done and stored, made for a niece when she marries. No date set, but it will keep until then!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 14,775

Pat Lancaster:

The oldest UFO I have is not really mine. I have a bunch of Dresden plate blocks that my aunt made in the 1930s. I plan to put them together in the not too distant future. I have a Featherweight from the 30s and want to get it cleaned up and use it for the project. I have only been quilting for a little over 5 years so my oldest UFO is probably about 4 years old.

Oh Boy won't that be a special piece, I literally can't wait for you to do that one!  I am quilting a Quilt for a family member right now, made by her great grandmother, it is also dresden plates hand stitched but it's in a hand stitched top, it's probably 60 or 70 years old or more, held up well, but needs repairs, I'm being very careful!  So scarey!!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,745
Points 139,610

Candis :
Judy!  Get that Quilted!!! It is so pretty and special!! Maybe this thread and all of us will motivate you to get er done!!  I love the sentimentality of this! What a beautiful keepsake!!   Do it! Do it! Do it!!!     Lol. Really so special!

Candis, you are so funny. OK, one way or the other, I'm making a pledge that I will bring the completed quilt to the Oregon retreat for show and tell. Lord love a duck, what have I done???

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

LOL!!! Too funny, Judy. Now you're stuck!

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 14,775

Judy T-Bellingham:

Candis :

Candis, you are so funny. OK, one way or the other, I'm making a pledge that I will bring the completed quilt to the Oregon retreat for show and tell. Lord love a duck, what have I done???

You know I will be at that Oregon Retreat!! I will be soooo waiting to see this , totally special Quilt!!  You done it now girl!!!   Ohh so excited.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,134
Points 44,585
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 11:55 AM

Hope you get that dresden completed soon my ufo is one i picked up at a garage sale all hand stitched and rust spots from pins don't know if i'll ever get around to that one because i keep getting new ideas of quilts to create.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 275
Coby replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:08 PM

I have a Grandmas flower garden quilt That went to the trailer every summer for 10 years then last year we sold the camper and now its waiting in my sewing room its all hand sewn so I don't know if it will ever get finished oh well its sitting with 5 or 6 others that are not done maybe some day If I can just stop starting new projects

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 14,775

I love Grandmothers Flower Garden, those are very difficult! Would be a shame not to finish it!  Hope you do, and post a photo!   I hate spell check!  Had to correct it! Sorry

MODESTO, CA.
Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use