Top 10 Posters

WE'RE BACK and through the front door!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Hi Ladies!

I'm in.  I haven't attemped to try this site for a long time.  Haven't changed anything.  I do enjoy the other site, but, will continue to check in here.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,468
Points 116,720

Snowbird Quilter:

Hi Ladies!  I'm in.  I haven't attemped to try this site for a long time.  Haven't changed anything.  I do enjoy the other site, but, will continue to check in here.

Hi Patty Mac. You've been missed, so good to see you here.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Hello everyone, I am a 10 year experienced quilter but new to this site. I have just a general comment/question: Back in early March I received an email Newsletter from Quilters Club of America and the title was Pick a Block, Any Block and Make It Any Size You Want.

I couldn't get to the email right away and ended up deleting it I guess. I can't find it anywhere In my email. Can anyone out there forward this newsletter to me at joltt1357@hotmail.com or is there a place on the website to find past newsletters and download them again?

Thanks,

Joltt

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,520

I believe that came from Guidelines4Quilting, one of QCA's sponsors.  If you go to their link under sponsors, you may find what you are looking for.  Hope this helps.

stitcheraz

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:29 PM

Yesterday, I couldn't get on at all. I never had problems before. I checked with Nancy and she told me about clearing the cookies. Now that it's done, thongs seem to work great. This is where I first got involved with the quilting world at large. I like how it works, when it works.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,190

I am computer illiterate and don't know how to clear cache or cookies, but i finally resorted to starting all over and joining through another email account. I don't have any trouble with safari on my iPad, but I still can't get on with my PC. It keeps defaulting to my old user ID, and then I'm right back where I started. I sent admin an email. I hope they can help. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:05 AM

Karla:
I'll manage to find time for them both, I hope.

Me too, Karla.  Not much different than checking into Facebook as well as here or QATW.  I find myself posting more to QATW as it seems more quilting focused and really keeps me motivated to get into my sewing room every day!  The chat room is just plain fun, and I'm getting better at chatting while I'm sewing.  You're right, though, Karla - the chat room is busier during the day and early evening than it is later for the western gals.

Have you posted a picture of your cute granddaughter recently?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 7,420

Elaine Phillips:

I am computer illiterate and don't know how to clear cache or cookies, but i finally resorted to starting all over and joining through another email account. It keeps defaulting to my old user ID.

Hi Elaine,

It's defaulting to your old user ID because of the information it has grabbed from previous visits– this is what the cache does. It will save you much time and frustration to clear your browser cache. Let me know what browser you're using on your PC and I will tell you how to clear your cache.

QCA Sheyenne

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,682
Points 65,865
Bonita replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:20 PM

I'm always happy to be able to get on here. This is my first site to check in on. I also Check out the Quilting Board where I just lurk and learn, enjoy all the pictures of the work the folks(can't say ladies, guys post there too) post. Then on to QATW, I really like a lot of the things going on there. The contests have gotten me to get some of the things I've been putting off, off the shelf or out of the bag. Almost finished the FWS top thanks to the March and April contest. So there's something to be learned and shared from all the sites. I also think I spend way to much time on this computer. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:33 PM

Bonita it's the time on the computer that's keeping me from fully embracing other sites. One is enough for me to keep track of. I joined a sew along on QATW but I think I may get kicked off the site when I don't make the minimum number of posts.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,468
Points 116,720

Kris:
I joined a sew along on QATW but I think I may get kicked off the site when I don't make the minimum number of posts.

Kris, I think you need to sign in at last once in a 60 day period. Not sure if you have to post, it just says to check in. So you may be able to be a lurker.

I'm so glad QCA seems to be working for most people again. I'm using both sites and enjoying both, but QCA is still top of my list.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:30 PM

Thanks Judy. I'll have to check it out. I thought the newsletter said I have to post to keep membership. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,190

QCA Sheyenne:

Elaine Phillips:

I am computer illiterate and don't know how to clear cache or cookies, but i finally resorted to starting all over and joining through another email account. It keeps defaulting to my old user ID.

Hi Elaine,

It's defaulting to your old user ID because of the information it has grabbed from previous visits– this is what the cache does. It will save you much time and frustration to clear your browser cache. Let me know what browser you're using on your PC and I will tell you how to clear your cache.

QCA Sheyenne

Sheyenne, I use Firefox on my PC.  I can get in fine now on my iPad which uses safari. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 7,420

Elaine Phillips:

Sheyenne, I use Firefox on my PC. 

Elaine,

To clear cookies and cache on Firefox:

Click the Firefox button and then choose Options.
Note: If you're using the menu bar, choose Tools and then Options instead.
With the Options window now open, click the Privacy tab.
In the History area, click the clear your recent history link.
Tip: If you don't see that link, change the Firefox will: option to Remember history. You can change it back to your custom setting when you're done.
In the Clear Recent History window that appears, set the Time range to clear: to Everything.
In the list at the bottom of the window, uncheck everything except for Cache.
Tip: Don't see anything to check? Click the button next to Details.
Click on the Clear Now button.
When the Clear Recent History window disappears, all of the files saved (cached) from your Internet browsing activities in Firefox will have been removed.

I hope this helps!

QCA Sheyenne 

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use