Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750
erindipity Posted: Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:07 PM

About a year ago I couldn't log in and was told that I had to download Google Chrome to access QCA- I did that.  Today I couldn't log in for hours and tried to log in with Internet Explorer and it worked.   

So, my question is:  Do we use IE or Chrome now? Or do you we just try each one until one of them let us log in? 

So annoying!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 825
Points 16,405
Sue replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:18 PM

Hi Erin, I had a similar problem today, stuck in the sign in loop, couldn't do anything else.  Three phone calls, none returned, and a nasty e-mail later I finally got in.  Admin reset my password and told me to delete ALL the cookies and history.  DH helped me with that and walaa, I was in!  I use Firefox and have for many years.  So I would suggest if you have problem, delete cookies and history, at least for now!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875

I use IE. Have had no problems logging in or moving throughout the site for past two weeks or so. 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,952
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 2:34 AM

I could be wrong but I think there were some changes made to the site during the recent down time. You may need to empty your browser's cache then try signing on again. Your browser saves info to make the page load quickly you should empty your cache every now and then.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 529
Points 10,110
Pat A replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:31 AM

I've had no problems for several weeks but I did have problems yesterday.  Had to keep signing in and then it worked and had no more problems.  I didn't do anything special.  I use IE and until the recent problems have never had a problem with the site.  No problems today getting around the site. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:49 AM

Erin,

I use Chrome. I had to clear my browsing history. The top 4 items listed in clearing it were checked. After that I was able to get back on and the site is working fast for me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 9:29 AM

I was using Chrome and had the problem so switched to IE and everything was okay.  so I don't know what's going on.  just glad everything is back to normal, whatever normal is.  home sick with sneezing and blowing my nose, can't decide if it is just allergies or a cold.  nose is sore from so much blowing.  I feel miserable.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,922
Points 125,010

Debbie, sorry about your cold, or allergies which can be just as miserable. I had to clear Chrome and reboot twice before it would work for me. IE works but I had to do some messing around there also.

This morning it's easy to get on and fairly fast. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 9:44 AM

kris, what is a cache and where would I find it?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 9:46 AM

Thank you, Judy!  Now IE is working great for me, isn't it funny how attached we are to our electronics.  QCA is moving better today, once I got on. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,922
Points 125,010

Debbie:

Thank you, Judy!  Now IE is working great for me, isn't it funny how attached we are to our electronics.  QCA is moving better today, once I got on.

I'm hesitant to hope QCA is on the road to recovery but you know what they say...."Hope springs eternal in the human breast". That's me, glass is half full. Until I notice it's not! :-)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Yesterday I couldn't get in with Chrome or IE. This morning at home Chrome didn't work. I am now at work on
IE and finally got in.

Kris, I'm with Gini, how do we clean our cache?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 11:12 AM

i can get to my home page, yippee. it isn't fast, but i got there.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,952
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 11:37 AM

Pat Lancaster:
Kris, I'm with Gini, how do we clean our cache?

If you go to "preferences" or "properties" you'll see options. One is clear cache or history. If you use Safari choose "reset Safari" then uncheck all the boxes except "clear history" and "remove website data".

I can't give instructions for all browsers but if you do a search for your specific one you'll find them. 

If you find the browser you use regularly doesn't work properly but another one does you probably need to clear out the saved data. Website data changes regularly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 1:02 PM

In Chrome there is a triple line bar next to the star on the top browser bar. It has a drop down for History. Click that and then when the page loads there is a button at the top that says: Clear Browsing history.

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use