Top 10 Posters

Let's make a (( HUG )). Quilt for THEA!!!!!

Page 15 of 16 (236 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 235 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,450

Did I miss seeing the finished quilt?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,179
Points 253,232
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 7:58 PM

Pat, As far as I know, Candice has had some problems and hasn't finished it yet!  At one point, she was going to send me the blocks which I asked her not to do - I would rather she finish it and send it to me then.  I am not sure how things stand at this time.  It will get done when she is able to finish it and then it will be unveiled - the mystery awaits us all!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,612
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:03 PM

Thea, not trying to be nosy but is Candice OK? I haven't seen her here for some time.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,754
Points 420,104
gini replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 9:18 PM

I think she is on the other site

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,450

I can't say anything about someone taking a long time on a quilt with the stack of UFOs that I have, LOL. Was just afraid I had missed seeing it. Thanks for the info.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,179
Points 253,232
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 7:21 AM

Kris, Only thing she told me last contact I had with her was that she didn't care for QCA anymore - some issues with people and that she had some personal problems that she would tell me about later.  That was a couple months ago - had a brief email from her when I did my rant over on CAYL to tell her I was not talking about her so that she didn't worry and beyond that - I do not know - I have kept her in my prayer messages each day and hope for the best.  

I don't know of any problems here anymore - most of the problem children seemed to have left which is okay by me - those who are here seem to truly care about those around them and want only the best - I know there probably are some who still seem to want to cause problems but I haven't noticed.  I like this site because of the ease with which we can post and it is a way to show off our quilts and other projects with fairly good ease.  It went through some problems when the company was selling it but heck - all sites have growing pains and for what we get I think this one is one of the best.  I don't have to worry about hackers for the most part or nasty messages and advertisments getting in my way.  

I like the people here and I am stuck in my ways when I find something I tend to stay there.  I haven't left here for anyplace else and am happy here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,865
Points 181,708
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 8:28 AM

Kris:

Thea, not trying to be nosy but is Candice OK? I haven't seen her here for some time.

Same here, Kris.  Can anyone here take it from Candice and finish it?   She may be unable to finish it, we all have problems that may prevent us from doing things and she is too sweet to say.  Anyone?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 39
Points 660
J.P. replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 9:24 AM

Thea,

I agree with you.  I don't post very often so you may not know me, but I thoroughly enjoy reading the posts and seeing everyone's projects.  All of you seem to care about one another and I would love to meet you all in person if that were possible.  I hope Candice is okay and that you will receive your completed quilt soon.  You deserve it!

In the meantime, enjoy that new quilting machine (envy, envy!) and get ready for that retreat you are going to soon.  You and all the others with health and other problems are in my prayers.

Have a blessed day,

JP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 14,775

Hello all, I was told you all were wondering about the Quilt.  Let me attempt to explain. I finally received all your beautiful blocks in July.  Unfortunately my longarm went to the shop the end of July. It still isn't working right now. I have not done any quilting in awhile. I did post this here.  After that came life changing health problems. I did contact Thea. I am a private person and don't give in to self pity, if I do ,I suffer in silence. I am still going thru my personal challenges. I told Thea I would send all blocks and monies to her .I believe it's approx 25 dollars donations. I am not able to take on this large project at this time physically or mentally. If someone wants to take this challenge from me , please do it.  I feel so guilty for not completing this. I shouldn't have agreed to do it,I had just finished doing the large one for Thea's friend. But I felt like Thea deserved it, and I wanted to help.  Sorry too let you all down.  I hope someone will feel compelled to finish this for Thea. I still read this board because this site has several wonderful people on it. It is true I am on the "other" site as well. They also have wonderful people. I enjoy their swaps very much. It is a smaller more personal community. I can only do small projects right now, and it keeps my mind busy, without feeling overwhelmed.  The fact I am unable to  do Thea's quilt is weighing on me heavily. Info one can do this, I am sending the your blocks to Thea. I hear you now have a long arm! Congrats!, that's wonderful!  You do so many quilts, now you can actually quilt them all too.  I talked to you last month, told you of my challenges.  I will give this till Fri. If no takers on putting it together, I will ship to you Thea. I wish everyone peace and love.  We all handle adversity different. I just chose to handle mine privatly.  Thanks for the concern and well wishes and prayers.

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,450

Candis, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. I hope you stop feeling guilty about not seeing the quilt through to the end. life happens and things change. I asked about it because I thought I must have missed seeing it, not to cause you any trouble. You were very kind to have made the effort you made! I can not volunteer because my quilting is not good enough for such a quilt. 

There is no problem with you being on another site. I tried some of them but they weren't a good fit for me. I don't read every message or participate like I once did because I am still a little wary after some of the problems here. I have not been having the technical problems that once plagued QCA, and I do miss the fellowship we once had here. I hope you enjoy whatever sites you visit and enjoy what projects you are able to work on. Best wishes for your future.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,179
Points 253,232
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 12:13 PM

Candis is a great quilting sister - and some day she and I will meet - I hope someone takes up her challenge to finish this quilt as I know it will be way down on my list of quilts to do - I have 4 sister missionary quilts to make - 2 baby quilts - 3 quilts for my grand kids - 1 special quilt for my son and all the quilt tops that i have right now waiting there chance to become real quilts on my long arm... I will, however, if no one does, take the blocks and put them in a special place to be made into a quilt and thank each and everyone of you that made a block for this quilt - I know all the prayers and wonderful well wishes that went into them.

Candis is a beautiful person and I know that she is a very private person - she has my prayers and my best wishes each and every day.  I hope that whatever is a problem to her gets resolved and that she has and always will have a friend here in Oklahoma right now and hopefully one day in Minnesota that loves and cares about her.  

And Yes, Miss Candis, I do have a long arm now - something I never thought would happen because of their cost - this one came down to my price range and is heaven sent - I am on a big time learning curve and have lots of tops to practice on - nothing I would ever show but to say a beginner long arm quilter - me - did them.  I hope to become better and figure it all out - you can go to my thread about my Juki and see the mess I have made of the 3 quilts so far that are quilted - they aren't horrible but nothing spectacular yet either - I am getting better though and learning my machine - she is a wonderful friend already and I am learning how she wants to be threaded and what I need to do... It is fun!  I have not named her yet - a good name has not popped into my head - but one day she will let me know.

I do wish you would come back here more often - we do miss you - I do not go to any other quilting sites so you won't see me any place else - besides here and facebook for my CAYL group there.  I miss you!  You know my phone # so call me...:)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,612
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 1:13 PM

Candis,

thanks for checking in. I was worried you might be ill. I certainly can understand how challenging life can be when you're not feeling well. Take care of yourself first and worry about everything later.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 824
Points 14,120
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 8:48 PM

Candis, 

I am so glad that you checked in with "your first group". I always enjoyed seeing you on here. It seems like the glitches have been resolved, so maybe you will consider posting here a bit more now. 

If I had a machine to quilt, I would take on that project--since I was the one to suggest doing this quilt.  I too hope someone can take it on, even if they can't do it till after Christmas as I know most of us have our projects lined up and still thinking we have enough time before Christmas--we all know this is never the case and we all swear that next year will be different--and it never is...lol

Thea, should we start a thread on " name Thea's machine" ...I will start here first. 

Names : Mini ( for Minnesota) Lulu ( she was our make believe maid would never showed up)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,303
Points 20,600

How big will the quilt be? I only have a queen size frame. Is the top pieced together? Please let me know.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,336
Points 17,870
Susan replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 10:21 PM

Candis, I have been wondering where you were. So sorry your struggling with life problems right now. I have missed you here. I will keep you in my prayers and remember some of us who have been around awhile care about you. Im also a private person and do not share all my troubles easily so I respect your need for privacy. Just knowing there is a need for prayer in your life is all I need to know as our heavenly Father knows exactly what  those issues are and will here  our prayers for you.  Keep in touch with us here at QCA if you can.  Im  glad you have found another group that fills your needs at this time.    Hugs, Susan

Page 15 of 16 (236 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.