Top 10 Posters

Let's make a (( HUG )). Quilt for THEA!!!!!

Page 2 of 16 (236 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 235 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Sent you one back!!  Now you have two messages from me!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 655
Points 11,290
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 8:04 PM

Batiks and stars...I don't have any Batiks, and I have never done a star....oh, I get to go buy fabric and learn something new  Yeah !! 

Wait a minute, I have been wanting another reason that I have to go buy Batiks...I have another project that one day I want to do, and I have been wanting to go buy some Batiks for that ...like WE need a reason to buy fabric. LOL 

Candis, that you for doing this. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Zoetc49

[oh you funny girl!!   Ready set SHOP!!  Thank you, it was after all , your suggestion!!  ;). Friendship Stars are easy and look fantastic,  but then go for the challenge!!!  Show me what you got!  Lol. 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 8:58 PM

Candis :
It was suggested to me that we make a Quilt for Thea.   I have spoke with Thea, we just can't keep this one secret. She gets on the site to often!!    She loves purple and blue.   She also loves Batiks!  

Candis, There is no way to keep anything a secret from Thea - - - she seems to be EVERYWHERE  (when her internet and QCA cooperate),

Count me in for a block or two.  I guess I will need to go fabric shopping - - -   My tiny amount of blue and purple batik went into the block for Julz.  I guess I just "have to" add some more blues and purples to the odd colors I got in a scrap pack a few years ago.  Also some neutrals would help.  Guess that makes a trip to at least JoAnn Fabrics or maybe somewhere else.  The closest JoAnn Fabrics is 50 miles away.  I need a fun day!!!  I love both blue and purple myself so this is a good excuse to add some to my collection.  I also needed a better contrasting choice of fabric for Julz's block.  Should have taken that shopping trip sooner, but it is hard to leave Rich behind when I go shopping - he thinks he "needs" to go with me and doesn't think I need to shop for fabric - he thinks I have enough (nobody has enough!!!!)  If I mention I need FABRIC he will probably stay home.

Thank you so much for undertaking another project like this.  Thea really needs our hugs in the form of a soft, cuddly quilt.  I am more ready to send out blocks now.  This will be the 4th quilt I will be contributing a block for.  Yesterday I bought some padded mailers so I could send out a few blocks today for another quilt.  That will be better (I thing) than the copy paper and manila envelopes I used before.  Somehow I think the manila is sturdier.  My pen poked the outside of the envelope today when I was writing the mailing address.  I reinforced that area with clear tape after finishing the address.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Candis - I just saw this. Please count me in also. I so appreciate all that you are doing. Thea is such a kind hearted person. I'm hoping we are signing our stars. When will you need these by. I am in the process of opening my quilt shop and don't want to forget it. I don't mind doing two if need be. Please let me know. I still have your info so I will go ahead and start.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:14 PM

Count me in, Candis, I think I can get a block or two made before May 21st and I know I have lot's of blue and purple batiks.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:15 AM

Yes I still have your info..

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Test

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Melissa, Marsha and Karla. Thank you all !  I am so appreciative of you!   If you need my info again just let me know!  Marsha. I'm hoping to have blocks by April 21st. Ish.  Have fun finding those Batiks.  I love all of you alls last blocks you sent for Julz.   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:43 PM

I'll make a block.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Thank you Kris!  I appreciate that.  I will friend you with my info.   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:16 PM

Got it Candis. Thank you.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,340
Zsofia replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 5:56 PM

Candis - I will make a block too! 

Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 874
Points 14,995

Zsofia:

Candis - I will make a block too! 

Zsofia

Thank you sooo much! Sent you a PM....

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 18,450

Hey Candis, how many blocks do you have coming so far?

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 2 of 16 (236 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use