Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190
Ldyj Posted: Sat, Mar 22 2014 3:53 PM

Hi, my name is Jeannette ("J"). I a happy humom to two wonderful little doggies, my 15 year old, Dani, and my 15 month old, Jude, in SE Arizona. i attempted my first quilt block late last summer, but wasn't too happy with it so kinda stopped. But I have a friend who is a blue ribbon quilter, and she encouraged me to try again, maybe something more simple than a disappearing 9 patch! I still drug my feet. Then I came across Leah Day (http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/) and in January joined her Facebook class, "Building Blocks Quilt Along." (which currently has over 2,000 international members, and growing daily.) I was/am hooked! I just finished piecing my first small quilt for my step-great grandson. I've completed 9 blocks following Leah's class, and through my new quilting guild have completed 3 star blocks and am now working on "crumb" piecing (which I find is like eating potato chips). I also play golf, read, knit, play bridge and study Spanish! I hope to get to know more about my new found craft/art love from y'all!

J

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 4:33 PM

Hi Jeanette!   I am a small business owner, with my hubby of 32 years, a mom of 3, and grand-mom of 3!  I also have 2 spoiled basset hounds named Sweet and Sour which are my babies.  I have been quilting for 30 years, but am primarily a hand quilter.  shout out if I can help.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Hi Jeannette - You will love it here. The site is a little slow at times but I've learned a lot since I joined from all the wonderful people on this site. I've only been quilting for about 4 years but I've been sewing for about 45 years. I hope you visit often.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190
Ldyj replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 6:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Melissa! 

J

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030

Welcome Jeanette!  This is a awesome site! Hope you join in some of the groups, and post your creations! We love to see others creations, Jump right in!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 397
Points 5,305

Welcome, J

This a great place for beginners to experts.  You will always find answers here.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 2:36 PM

J Welcome To QCA. I have 3 kids, 3 grandson, and 1 cat. I love to quilt, but have been lacking ambition.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 2:51 PM

Hi J welcome to the group.  I love Leah day's site.  She has so much info there

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190
Ldyj replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome all! I look forward to seeing what all of you are up to. Do any of you belong to a quilting guild? I joined one about 2 months ago. it's a lot of fun!

J

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use