New member asks about quilt software programs

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
TryQuilter Posted: Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:38 PM

I am learning different ways to cut patterns for making lap quilts. I own a laptop computer and wondered if any of you fabulous expert quilters have any suggestions for design software that would assist me.  Do any of you use anything with Windows 7 format.  Putting colors together is my most challenging and thought this might be the help. I am trying a log cabin now and attempted a rail fence type pattern with some success. I appreciate any guidance.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 450
BarbC replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 1:34 PM

I use Quilt Assistant from http://www.cosman.nl/software_en.html.  I have created several pieced quilts from scratch as well as applique patterns from photos I've taken.  It is free and works well in the windows environment - it's a good starter program.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190
Ldyj replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 3:43 PM

Thanks for the great link, Barbara!

J

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
TryQuilter replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:08 AM

Thanks so much!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 14,000

If you aren't limited to free software there are EQ7 and Quiltpro. I have both and find the Quiltpro software easier to use. However, there are more "support" groups around for EQ. There is a group on this site and a lot of EQ classes are offered at quilt shows. I've seen a few articles in quilt magazines that talk about using EQ.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use