Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
Shar Posted: Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:46 AM

I usually take care of the theme for my small group's Christmas gift exchange.  Every year the idea has easily popped into my head, not this time.  Here are some of things we have already done.

1.Just set Up to 1 yd of fabric, make whatever,  exchanged using parts of Christmas songs

2. gave each one same FQ, add up to 1yd, make whatever,  drew name when we exchaned

3. each chose season/holiday we wanted something for, brought FQ to represent that season/holiday. Drew names.  we knew who we were making our gift for, use 1 yd fabric, did not have to use provided fabric but could

The reason I've set the "up to 1yd" was to keep everything kind of on the same level.  That way those in the group who have really hectic lives don't need to feel compelled to do more than they can.

One idea I had for this year is Mug Rugs.  We each make two.  Exchange as gifts,  We keep one, the second one becomes part of a "traveling set" that goes to whoever hosts the group next time.  That way whenever we are quilting, at home or together, we have a connection.

BUT... I am definitely looking for other ideas.  I need to present the idea in April.  By they way,  there are 7 of us in the group

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030

Mug rugs great idea, also pillowcases are great fun! You should head over to our swap page, and join the groups, you may find ideas there also, or join the Christmas all year long group.  We would love to see you there! 

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 450
BarbC replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 11:07 AM

Hi Shar -

Some other ideas are placemats, hot pads, quilted tote bags, or small quilted drawstring bags for traveling.

Barb

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 690
Points 11,855
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 4:02 PM

Potholders are another idea. Also, a friend suggested that she and I swap out Christmas theme blocks each year, that way one day we can make a quilt.  You might put that out there as well.  

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use