Top 10 Posters

Point of no return

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 265
jackiegn posted on Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:14 AM

Good morning quilters!  I may be one of many looking for this pattern "Point of no return" by Georgia Schmidt - 1993.

This pattern is shown in Bargello Quilts by Marge Edie but without instructions.  

Can someone tell me where to get the pattern.  I have searched on line to no avail.  

Thanks for any help you may give me.

Happy quilting.

Jackiegn

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
589 Posts
Points 10,200

At this point if you cannot find it I would take the picture and copy it, then take it to a copy shop and at least get it enlarged to make a pattern. It might take some time, but you might figure it out. If you can post a picture of it on here maybe we can help you figure  it out. I recall there is a computer program you can buy to make your own bargello quilt patterns. You might consider buying that and then put in the design, and then you will have the instructions.

I looked on the web too for you and saw that others had looked without success.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 4:56 PM

I think that mostly the quilts found in the galleries of quilt books, are those of the author or students, and unless the pattern is featured in the book itself, there isn't a pattern available.

However, looking closely at the picture one could probably design something very similar.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,568 Posts
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 6:37 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Point-of-No-Return-Feather-Pinwheel-Blocks-Wallhanging-King-Lap-Twin-Queen-Full-/261411097242?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdd50ca9a

Is this it?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,466 Posts
Points 116,695

It is easy to recreate. I set up the block in EQ7.  The block is just a 4 sq x 4 sq layout made up of half square triangles on one half and a large half square triangle on the other.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 265

Thank you for your reply but the pattern I am looking is of a bargello!  Happy quilting.

Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 265

Thanks for your reply for the pattern is of a bargello.  Happy quilting.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
589 Posts
Points 10,200

jackiegn:

Thank you for your reply but the pattern I am looking is of a bargello!  Happy quilting.

Can you scan a picture of the pattern your asking about, this would help a lot.  We will all try and help you with this.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
387 Posts
Points 7,355
Suggested by zoetc49

Augh. My scanner is broken and I am tired. So I can not scan in a picture of the 1993 Point of No Return Quilt.  However, if you look at the Infinity quilt of page 50 of Eileen Wrights book Twist-and-Turn Bargello quilts you will see that the two are very similar. Eileens version is more symmetric, but it will give you a good idea of how to reinterpret Point of No Return.

Here is a link to an image of Infinity bargello

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NbHHNq3JBy0/T5Rkl16pY_I/AAAAAAAAIWY/kjTFqZInWEU/s400/Infinity+Bargello+seen+at+txquiltworks.com.jpg

If you like bargellos this is a great book

Denise Smart

Top 150 Contributor
589 Posts
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:14 AM

I might have found the gal who did the Point of no return, I will send you a friend request and give you what I found.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
387 Posts
Points 7,355

DH got the scanner working. Here is a picture of the 1993 bargello Point of No Return7624.bargello 001.pdf

Denise Smart

Not Ranked
Female
28 Posts
Points 450
BarbC replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:57 AM

Hello Denise, I found an article in QuiltMag where Karl McDaniel was able to reproduce this quilt.  The link is http://www.quiltmag.com/blogs/red-white-diy-do-it-yourself/

Perhaps they would be able to help you get the pattern.  Otherwise if you could get a clearer picture, you could put into a program called Quilt Assistant (it's free) and make your pattern from that.

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

Hi,

Were you able to find the pattern for Point of no return, I am also looking for it as I have the book by Marge Edie and would love to try this bargello design.

I am new to this site so I hope I put this in the right format.

Brenda

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use