Top 10 Posters

need ideas or pattern to use different butterfly fabric

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 27 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 155
quilterbarbara posted on Sun, Mar 16 2014 10:42 AM

I collect fabric that has butterflies on it. Lots of fabric with different colors.  Also varying scales of patterns. I would like to make a quilt using them.  Does anyone have any ideas on what pattern to use?

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
253 Posts
Points 3,295

Candis

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful quilts.  Just yesterday I found some fabric I had purchased because I love the big beautiful flowers on it.  I put it back into the storage box one more time because I couldn't decide how to use it without cutting it into small pieces.  I think this pattern might work perfectly.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
870 Posts
Points 14,850

Oh Barbara, I can't wait to see it when your done!!  I'm like you I use this pattern for my beautiful big prints then alter a little and make it mine!!  Thank you!!  Can't wait!M

MODESTO, CA.
Top 150 Contributor
Female
656 Posts
Points 16,605

Thanks for the photos.  I guess I'm not a good searcher, because the results I got were anything but quilts.   That really is a nice pattern for bolder prints. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,090 Posts
Points 16,710
weezee56 replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:44 AM

Candis, your BQ quilts look great , I'll have to try to find the pattern too.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Points 1,570

http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/ will take you to  BQ patterns including 3 & 4

stitcheraz

Top 100 Contributor
Female
870 Posts
Points 14,850

Heh guys, Good morning !  I found some more interesting patterns for that large print fabric,  it's a site called patternspot.com they are all under easy quilts.  Take a look if you have some spare time.  They look dimple, but all have different configurations for some interest!  You could even use the small print butterfly fabrics too.  Just a thought for you to get ideas.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,398 Posts
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:22 PM

I just bought a fabulous book Big-Print Patchwork, Quilt Patterns for Large-Scale Prints, by Sandy Turner.  It is the answer to all my beautiful big prints I hate to cut.  Now I have something I can do with them and be very happy with the result.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10
llinn replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:55 PM

I have a suggestiponm

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 155

thank you to everyone that came up with suggestions for my butterfly fabrics.  I am going to use a pattern called "All About Me" from Atkinson Designs.

Thank you again

Top 150 Contributor
Female
656 Posts
Points 16,605

Please post a pic when you are done!   I'm going to make one with the BQ pattern, and another with a four patch alternating with a square that I found a pic of -- see below.  Probably 8-9" squares for the latter one.  But that will wait until I've finished the two swaps I'm working on.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,391 Posts
Points 46,980

Speaking of butterflies, I am making a wedding quilt for my nephew and fiancée. He is a scientist who collects insects and butterflies. If any has this fabric, I would love to buy some.

I saw this at a quilt shop when I went to visit my sister. Unfortunately it was from a few years back and they don't have any left. The purples, yellow and greens are exactly what I'm looking for.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,398 Posts
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:03 AM

so your nephew must be an entomologist.  So is my DH.  I have lots of butterfly fabric but not this one.   Look at my earlier post about the "big prints" book.   You could make a wonderful quilt with some of her ideas even if your amount of this fabric is limited. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,391 Posts
Points 46,980

Thanks Patti. Yes he is an entomologist. What I am hoping for is to get fabric with butterflies or dragonflies in those colours. Those are her fiancee's colours.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use