Is the tide turning?

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 651
Points 11,255
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 6:27 PM

At least they did post it will be down when I am up and can't sleep, guess I will have to sew if I am up during that time tonight...lol  

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 450
BarbC replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:21 PM

It is a shame that not everybody has the same success on the website.  I know it can be frustrating when you want to get to something quickly.  However, I find it equally frustrating that everyone seems to blame the website for ALL the issues.  How can everybody believe that all the problems belong to the website when everyone uses different browsers, different OS and different anti-virus programs (which, by the way, are frequent causes of website problems).  Personally, I use Firefox and Norton and the only problem I have had in months, is occasionally when I use the back button but this almost always is resolved by simply using the menu link instead.  Just saying...a little positivity goes a long way.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,975
Points 368,777
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 1:07 AM

BarbC:
How can everybody believe that all the problems belong to the website when everyone uses different browsers, different OS and different anti-virus programs (which, by the way, are frequent causes of website problems).  Personally, I use Firefox and Norton and the only problem I have had in months, is occasionally when I use the back button but this almost always is resolved by simply using the menu link instead.

The fact that we use so many different browsers etc and have the same problems is the reason we can say the website is at fault.

If you don't use the site as often as some members you may not have seen the errors at all. I have been here from the inception of this site and I can say, without a doubt, the site has taken a nose dive. Customer service has also been a sore spot and has nothing to do with the errors on the website.

I do agree, however, that positivity goes a long way. I hope we can get back to good and leave all this behind.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,285

BarbC:

It is a shame that not everybody has the same success on the website.  I know it can be frustrating when you want to get to something quickly.  However, I find it equally frustrating that everyone seems to blame the website for ALL the issues.  How can everybody believe that all the problems belong to the website when everyone uses different browsers, different OS and different anti-virus programs (which, by the way, are frequent causes of website problems).  Personally, I use Firefox and Norton and the only problem I have had in months, is occasionally when I use the back button but this almost always is resolved by simply using the menu link instead.  Just saying...a little positivity goes a long way.

Although I agree with you on remaining positive, with just 24 posts, there is no way you have fully tested the site over the last 18 months to two years.  In the old days when the site worked well, many people posted that much in two to three days.  This is the only site I have continuing problems with, and that is with three browsers and two different computers.  If my computer/ browser works well on 8 other forums/ sites I visit regularly and only has problems with this site, then it stands to reason it is this site that is faulty.  This is also the only site I frequent where a majority of people pay a fee to join it.  If people pay for a service, then they should get that service in a reasonable time frame.  18 months plus is not reasonable.

I am hoping the maintenance they did overnight will fix access issues.  As to the poor customer service -- we can only hope that the new owners will hire people who are responsive to their paying customers. 

Brigit-Carol

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use