Top 10 Posters

Kitchen counters, what do you have or like?

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 575
uaniquilt replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:49 AM

Tile and granite tile are grouted differently.  Granite tile has very small  shallow grout lines.  So the up keep of the two is different.  I have formica counters with a corrian  trim edge and a granite island.  My deep window sills are granite tile to match the island.  We did use granite tile with a dark grout on a counter in the family room - i have been very happy with that.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 9:25 PM

My counter tops are blue Corian with white cabinets, backsplash is white tile with blue trim, I have no upper cabinets.....wasted space for a person who is vertically challenged. I have stainless steel shelves instead that hold my spices on the side by the stove and then along the longer wall more stainless shelves, the top one holds my collection of blue glass bottles and the underneath one holds vintage jars that hold tea, hot chocolate, candy, etc. My blue dishes are in a white china cabinet, and for storage I have 2 built in floor to ceiling pantries and one tall storage cabinet that holds all our canned veggies, fruits, and jams. My island is a stainless steel prep table. All stainless appliances, wood floor. 

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use