Branson Babes at Plaaaay

Page 16 of 18 (259 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 258 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,100

I'm home.  I haven't had time to read any of this thread and QCA is not playing nice again, but I'll read it over the next couple of days.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and had a great time at the retreat.  I also echo the thanks to Michelle and Nancy for reporting and to Sam and Gini for being such wonderful hosts.  If anyone of you reading this ever get to Branson, please stay at the Stone Castle Hotel -- it is a fantastic place.   More tomorrow......

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215

I'm home! Thank you everyone for a great retreat! 

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210

Good morning ladies!!  

Debbie-do and I got home late yesterday, Saturday.  Lots of traveling thru AR, OK and into TX.  A few quilt shops, one was closed by the time we got there, but spent lots of money in the others.  We had such a great time sewing with all our new friends.  

Beth, thank you, and I so enjoyed sharing a sewing corner with you again.  So many new friends made. Hoping to see more in the next retreat.  Was a pleasure to help with the recording this week and seeing so many new quilts made.  I do have a few more pictures to try to upload this week, but the QCA site was very slow the last day while we were sewing.  I am traveling again this week in St Louis and Wichita, Kansas, so hoping to get some time to see more quilt shops this week also. 

MNnancy, thank you also for so much time spent on posting pictures to the sites!! Enjoyed meeting you and having time to get to know you better.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Glad to see everyone is slowly making it home.    Nancy and Darlene should make it today, ithink Darlene said last night she had another 8 hour drive today

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,465
Points 416,784
gini replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 1:50 PM

Our flight was cancelled, and it's not looking good tomorrow.  I'm glad I brought lots of handsewing

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,465
Points 416,784
gini replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 1:53 PM

I'm also very glad you all got out before this storm hit.  

Thanks to all of you for coming to our retreat, and making it a success.

I had a great time, and I got more accomplished this year than I have at previous retreats.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Gosh gini, That sucks. It's warming up here. We're all the way up to -5 and it's snowing a little. The ski areal reports that they've gotten 70" of fresh powder in the last couple of weeks and it's the best snow they've had in ages..  If it's the same in ID you need to get home to take advantage of it! Praying for safe travels.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,581
Points 26,460
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 3:18 PM

It snowed only enough to cover ground here last night but has been sleeting today.  No church today, library closed and some schools already announced closed for tomorrow.  Need to go buy groceries but will wait till tomorrow.  Only 14 degrees high today. 

Michelle called and her DH has my FW all running great and ready to send back.  He is so nice!  

Ya'll all stay warm and safe.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Mary and I made it home Friday just in time for me to go to my shop mystery retreat just a mile from my home. Sadly we had to leave on Saturday due to a snow storm moving in. But I was so worn out from late nights and early mornings at Branson that I have done absolutely nothing today. Sat with feet up watching HGTV and dozing all morning, and catching up on Facebook, QATW and QCA. I think I need to get off my duff and put things away. Thanks to Nana, Sam and Gini for all the work you did to make the week a success, and NancyEvans and Michele for the great reporting,and everyone else for all the great snacks and soups and salads and all the fun and laughter. I had a great week.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 5:34 PM

Wanted to report that Nana and I got to my house about an hour and a half ago.  Good chance Nana will be extending her retreat at my studio.  Snow, sleet, freezing rain coming in tonight and all day tomorrow.  We will try for Tuesday.

Diana in East TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Freezing rain  and sleet here all day,   my feet for some reason have been froze all day cant seem to get them warm   lol   Elaine,  I have set on my butt all day also watching old movies

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

gini:

Our flight was cancelled, and it's not looking good tomorrow.  I'm glad I brought lots of handsewing

Gini, don't forget you have 4 wool jackets you can start de-constructing also  lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,465
Points 416,784
gini replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 1:06 PM

We left the hotel at 2 this morning and didn't make it up green mt drive before my boy got stuck, tight.  Waited an hour for tow truck, and had a 2  1/2 hr drive into springfield where we missed the plane.  We are cozy in a hotel and are rebooked for tomorrow morning.  The DDs are getting restless, wanting to know "when is mom getting home?" Sam's office manager in Seattle is wanting him in Seattle, now.   It is wonderful to be so wanted.  It's noon, and after our four hour nap, Sam is getting restless, so I bet we are back out on slick roads exploring soon.  We have a two wheel drive with slick tires, driving around springfield can't possibly be more exciting than driving to springfield in the wee hours, we'll just have more cars to dodge.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Here is pic of the quilt I was working on before I left,  I finished putting the borders on when I got home.  very surprised at myself,  I didn't stick it in a tote and forget about until next retreat lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 5:26 PM

Leslie, great looking finish. Love the colors.

Page 16 of 18 (259 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use