rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 215
Jeri Posted: Fri, Feb 21 2014 7:36 PM

Hi,

I'm new to Quilters Club and getting started to learn my way around the website and I'm excited to get to know new people and learn a lot about quilting.   So far I have made three lap size/crib size quilts, one for my first grandchild and am currently working on one for the next grandchild due in two weeks.  I am definitely a beginner, but have been enjoying it.   Jeri R

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 9:18 PM

Welcome, Jeri ! You have come to the right place as there are a lot of wonderful quilters here willing to share their knowledge with you. Also, there are other quilters here from your state. I have been quilting for 4 years  now and still have so much to learn. That,s what I love about this hobby, there is always something new  to learn. My favorite is flannel, civil war  and 1930s. Do you have a stach of fabric yet? Most of us consider ourselves quilt-a-holics. or addicts. Congrats on the new baby and the one on the way.Boy or girl ? I have 2 myself, girl and boy and one due in Aug. I must say they are the light of my life. I love making quilts, (dresses for her) and stuff for them. My almost 3 year old GS thinks they are awesome.  Looking forward to chatting with you again.   Susan, North, Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 215
Jeri replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 8:22 AM

Hi Susan,

I'm beginning to accumulate a stash of fabric.  Today I'm going to begin to really organize my sewing room and closet, including my stash of scraps.  My favorite fabric for baby quilts is flannel since it's so soft.  My first grandchild is a girl and we don't know about the next one since my son and his wife are waiting to find out when he/she is born.  Makes it fun, but I also end up making gender neutral quilts, but it's still fun.  Florida sounds nice right now.  We just had a storm with ice, slush, snow and now it's about 10 degrees.  I'm ready for winter to be over, but I make a cup of coffee, put on some nice music and get busy quilting.  It's nice to "meet" you, hope we chat again.   Jeri, Minnesota

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Welcome Jeri! Glad your here, make sure you post pics of your accomplishments! We all love seeing each other's projects! Hope to see you in the groups and the swaps! We have so much fun here,  stay warm!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Welcome Jeri. I started quilting when expecting my first grandchild. He is almost 5, I have 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. They are lots of fun. One of the dangers of QCA is spending too much time here and not quilting enough, lol. I work full time so I don't have as much time as I would like to sew. I live in Florida so can't use the weather as an excuse. However, when it is too hot in the summer I can crank up the ac and sew. There are lots of people to meet so feel free to explore the site and jump in.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 4:53 PM

Hi Jeri, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use