I am new to Quilting and want to try Quilt As You Go

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 18 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 720
Pamela (ThePamster) posted on Tue, Feb 18 2014 5:11 PM

Can anyone give me some tips, tutorials or point me to some How To videos on the subject? I have only ever made two raggy quilts and loved the process, so from what I know of the Quilting As You Go process it's a little like the rag quilting style I fell hard for. Thanks for your help and advice! I have a vintage machine, a Necchi Supernova, I love it, it sailed through the denim and flannel I used for my raggy quilts! 

Proud Owner of a Necchi Supernova BU, it sews magnificently! ♥

• | Post Points: 95

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 455
Verified by Pamela (ThePamster)

Hi Pamela!

I'm Latasha and I am also a new quilter. Have you check out Youtube? Youtube has tons of videos of Quilt as you Go process. I will post a the here http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=quilt+as+you+go&sm=3 . I hope this helps.

• | Post Points: 55

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 720

I managed to get it all pin basted and measured last night! I posted this pic elsewhere but it's too good to share just once! What do you think of my Quality Control Inspector? LOL! So happy I get to finally start sewing today!

Here's a close up of the first one I got pin basted:

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 245

Hi Pamela. Nice to see a familiar face on here. Looks like your inspector means business..lol. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 245

Thank you Latasha for the info.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 720

Hi Rhonda! It is nice to see you here too! Chip was very serious about measuring my work-LOL! It was hysterical, he's such a cool cat. I'll be taking pictures again today after I sew these with X's and remove the pins. Only I think I'll leave them on the bed or sewing desk. ;)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use