Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 645
Pamela (ThePamster) Posted: Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:47 PM

So good to be here with you all, I am new to quilting, have only ever made two rag quilts, I have a photobucket with pictures if anyone would be interested. I love sewing and just picked it back up last summer after many years of not being into it. I love making denim purses out of old thrifted denim jeans, it's a passion of mine, and I made 19 last year and gave them all away to friends and family, well except for the few I kept for myself. It's awesome to make something and know it's going to be loved and treasured. I am not new to sewing by any stretch, I made doll clothes years ago on my mother's old singer, and I took home ec classes in middle school and high school where sewing was featured. 

Very happy to be here with you! :D

Proud Owner of a Necchi Supernova BU, it sews magnificently! ♥

• | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Welcome  Pamela.  You will love this group.  Everyone is so nice and willing to share their knowledge.

Jeanette

Michigan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 11,230
Candis replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 9:00 PM

Welcome Pamela!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 197
Points 2,540

Welcome, Pamela

The quilters here will have you trying all kinds of new things in no time at all and they will be very generous with ideas, instructions, and support.  Have fun!

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:16 PM

Hi and welcome Pamela, nice to have you join us.  Enjoy and share you projects, we love pics.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 12:05 AM

Welcome pamela

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 86
Points 1,305

Nice meeting you Pamela

I'm also new to quilting.  I started last year to do patchwork and I tried hand quilting.  But I'm not new to sewing either.  I made a lot of my kids clothes, including Halloween costumes and I have sewn toys for kids and my dogs.  I made the same outfit for my daughter's doll, so that she and her doll would match.   I have also knitted and crochet a lot.  I live in N Florida, close to Tallahassee.

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:59 AM

Welcome Pam!  Who doesn't love a snuggly rag quilt?!  Stick around here long enough, though, and I'll bet we can talk you into trying some other quilting designs!  Glad you joined us!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 645

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I really am excited about the idea of doing a Quilt as you Go style quilt or the Fun & Done style rather. I will see about uploading some pictures of my two quilts. I had such a fun time with it, I really was kind of disappointed when I finished! LOL! :D Thanks again for the lovely welcome. I am looking forward to posting with you all and getting to know you and share ideas and project pics!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:06 PM

Welcome Pamela.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 645

Thank you Karla! I am enjoying the community a lot so far! :D

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use