Smoky Mtn Retreat Cancelled for this year

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana Posted: Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:30 PM

I can not post anything in groups so I hope you see this here. Due to all the other retreats, quilt shows, etc. there has not been enough interest to continue this retreat for this year.  Even the local guilds have already booked weekend retreats with Sara, so no one there either.  I hate doing this, but we hope the economy will be better next year.

Thank you for your patience

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:51 PM

dang, I'm sorry you had to cancel this retreat.  I couldn't commit sooner and I'm sorry for that.  looking forward to seeing you in branson.  we'll chat about the retreats.  if the new owners of qca follow through with their promises, there will once again be a lot more activity on the site, and hopefully filling retreats will get  easier. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 3:33 PM

DH and I understand but are very disappointed too.  Hoping that next year we can get things back on track.  Will miss all of you so much.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 6:22 PM

Mimi, Are you going to the Lancaster AQS show in March?  My SIL and I will be there for 3 days.  I would love to see you while up there.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

understand completely Diana,  maybe next year

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 8:02 PM

Yes I just decided that if there would be no retreat I am going to go to both the Lancaster AQS show and to Hershey at the end of July.  Lancaster is only about 1 1/2 hours from my house and I'll probably only attend for Saturday.  Don't know if we can PM but you have my home email.  Let's stay in touch and figure out when and where we can meet.  Anyone else out there going to Lancaster?  We could make it a QCA party day.  

• | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use