Page 7 of 7 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 7:50 AM

I love the live chat, but I come from a large family so im use to talking over each other lol.   and those girls have been very kind in welcoming us to their site that they also love, just as we love QCA,  but I fell out of love with qca some time ago, but that does not mean any of my friends here,  I will still check in here when this site allows.  I can handle 2 sites. and I already feel like I am part of the QATW, family also, just as I am part of QCA family

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:13 PM

Patti:

I still can't get in through the front door, nor get to the home page at all.   It's takes way too long, and I am timed out every time. I can usually get into groups now.

Front door, Back door? I'm not sure what's happening there. I haven't had problems getting on the site. I just have problems with error messages when posting. Then again I only visit the site when I want to say something.

I've tried getting an RSS feed from QATW but I get errors with that. Maybe it's not actually set up. I prefer reading the threaded messages in my email and QCA is the only one, so far, that sends messages the way they are laid out on the site in the same sequence.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 11:06 AM

Kris:

Front door, Back door? I'm not sure what's happening there. I haven't had problems getting on the site. I just have problems with error messages when posting. Then again I only visit the site when I want to say something.

I've tried getting an RSS feed from QATW but I get errors with that. Maybe it's not actually set up. I prefer reading the threaded messages in my email and QCA is the only one, so far, that sends messages the way they are laid out on the site in the same sequence.

Kris, This is my 3rd attempt to post a reply to you...I'd say lol, but it really isn't funny anymore.  I think the system is timing out, ie bogging down...and that is where the blue error message is generated.  

Re the RSS feed from QATW, why don't you ask gg?  Her DH is the programmer, so she has some say and control about what happens there.  And, if there is a way for you to get the RSS feed from QATW.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will post when I hit enter...lol!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 11:07 AM

Whew, it worked!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 12:49 PM

Donna B:
 I think the system is timing out, ie bogging down...and that is where the blue error message is generated.

Donna,

the erros I get are "post pending moderation" which happens when I try to post more than three messages in a row. I occasionally get the "sorry there was a problem with your last request" but the message posts when I get that one.

I'm not sure what the blue error message is. Maybe it looks different on Macs and Windows PCs.

The RSS feed at QATW is not a big deal. I'm not invested in the site so haven't enquired about it. I was just curious about what the feed would look like.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 2:08 PM

If I had a newer, more powerful computer, maybe I could get on easier.  But I don't and it is not something likely to happen this year.  So when I try to get on directly, it is always timed out and I can't get on.  So, I go to my history, or favorites and click on a previous post so I can get in.  That's the back door. For weeks, I have not been able to get to my home page.  But I can now get into groups sometimes.  That is an improvement. 

If a newer more powerful computer is what is needed, then perhaps this site is for the elite and not for someone like me.   Looks like we may reach our deductible on our insurance this year, so that means we will spend, with premiums and medical expenses, over $20,000.   A new computer is not in the works for a long time.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 9:05 PM

Patti:
If I had a newer, more powerful computer, maybe I could get on easier.

Patti, I really do not think your computer is the problem.  I have a fairly new laptop and I am having just as many problem as you.  Plus, there are way too many people having major problems with QCA to blame it on our computers.  The common factor is QCA and not any other computer or website!

If you are using a windows operating system, you can see an indicator of what is happening when you hit "enter" (or "post" a message) in the lower left corner of your screen...that will say "waiting for www.quiltersclubofamerica.com".   Your computer will attempt to send the data to QCA...and often (because their system is not operational at that moment, not up to speed, or some other reason I do not know) QCA will generate an error message that the transaction has not been completed.  Sometimes this is true and sometimes it isn't.  I have found on many occasions, that when I am told my sign-on has failed - if I open a new window and can access QCA, I am now signed on.  Just like when I am told my post of a message was not completed, but when I look at the forum, it is already there.  

The only major factor now seems to be IF I can even access QCA.

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 255
Points 4,225

For the past week, I've had significantly fewer difficulties with the QCA site; much different than just three weeks ago. I've been able to log in and get right on, into groups (that was impossible before) and post to messages. I've had an error message only once or twice. So, I have hope that things are improving now. Hope reigns eternal!!      

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:19 PM

I've had many fewer problems the past week, too, but still there are problems.  I get the blue sorry screen when trying to access the home page and very occasionally on groups, but things appear to be better for me too, although everything is pretty slow,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 9:16 PM

Still not able to get on my home page.   Haven't been able to check for messages for weeks, nor have I been able to send any to anyone else.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

We've made some changes to the RSS feed this morning after reading this post.   We were not aware that any used it or had problems.   Hope it works better and if not, I'm just a PM away.  gg

Page 7 of 7 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use