Top 10 Posters

The good old days with QCA

Page 4 of 7 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:03 AM

MNnancy, just got back on the QATW site and the live chat.  I had forgotten my password and couldn't figure out how to PM anyone.  will lurk around a bit and see how I like it.  Hard to keep up with all the emails!! but I love looking at what everyone is doing. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:05 AM

I turn the emails off, Michelle.  All those notices drive me crazy.  I only use an email notice for personal messages that come in from any of the sites.  See you this weekend!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:07 AM

It looks like safari is the only browser on ipad, and there is no tool bar

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:09 AM

I can't find anything in settings.  I will have to wait until tonight so I can look things up on sam's computer whie I try to find things on this one,  grrrr.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:10 AM

I downloaded the Google Chrome app on my iPad. I am having better luck with QATW on Chrome

Sherry

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:14 AM

Gini, sometimes I have prob with my screen freezing up  but I just shut down and reboot and then it works fine for me.    You girls don't know what your missing until you come over and play a bingo game they have on Sat nights,  I just watch but Nancy and Nana, have both won games its a hoot

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:16 AM

also gg told me to clear the chat every now and then  and it helps too

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:21 AM

Leslie :
You girls don't know what your missing until you come over and play a bingo game they have on Sat nights...its a hoot

Hoot is an understatement!  Talk about your good-natured ribbing!  Those QATW gals aren't afraid to lay it on!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:25 AM

Shutting down, rebooting, and getting recognized by iTunes takes 10-15 minutes.  No hard but time consuming and I have to do it every time I go to the site

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:33 AM

I found my way to QATW and I agree it is fun.  I was in the chatroom yesterday morning and had a nice time.  But there may be light at the end of the tunnel for QCA.  I hope so.  I have not had any trouble getting on for the last two days. Today went straight to Home page, then to Groups and to LUS where I posted comments and some blocks.  I hope the situation is getting better.  I really want this site to work.  While I like QATW and will probably spend a lot of time there, QCA is like home.  And Nancy if I can figure out how to do the blocks grid, I will be playing Bingo on Saturday.  It did look like fun

Pat A. in KY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:37 AM

I like QATW so much, that I will eventually leave QCA, even if they finally get their act together.  Fantastic group of quilters. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:04 AM

I received a reply from GG concerning freeze-ups on QATW:

Morning Nancy!!   QATW is made up of 3 separate applications.   It is really 3 different things that are connected only by links.   So it's like Ebay, Google & FaceBook.  LOL   They are all linked together but they are different things.   The one thing they have in common is that when a member enters their nickname and password they all go to the forum database to comfirm it's a good match.

The chat room was purchased recently and is a work in progress.
The gallery was completely written by my husband.
The forum is a product that is a 'shell' and the owners can modify it.

If new members are freezing up, chances are it would be in only 1 of the 3 applications, and I'm guessing that would be chat, but the other applications should be fine.   I do hope we can figure out why they lock up in chat (assuming that's the application) but the forum and gallery still work.   For years only a small percentage of our quilters wanted to chat because they found it hard to keep up with, but they are still happy to be members and enjoy the forum.   I don't think you've had chat on QCA, have you?

I understand some of your group not wanting to learn how to navigate a new site.   This group's set up was such a change from when we were at MSN groups.   I had to come here because MSN kicked out ALL groups but MSN had felt like home.  QATW is home now, but MSN was a hard act to follow.  LOL 

I have an ipad and have it plugged in and charging  (see how little I use it ,  I am a creature of habit and love my laptops ) and when it is working,  I will test all 3 applications.   One gal using a tablet did mention that if she didn't type, it would go to sleep and kick her out of chat... 

Anywhoo,  will let you know what I find out.   Excited to meet you guys in person.

hugs,

gg

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,293
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:08 AM

Leslie, I plan on hanging in here so please check QCA once in awhile so I could see your sweet face and read your encouraging words.  You're still on my bucket list to meet!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:09 AM

It doesn't mater which of the three i am in, If i le ave a tab open, it Will be frozen the next time i open the tab.  That was easy, I just remembered to close it.   The last time I went there it froze as I was looking around, on forums, I think

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:11 AM

I still can't open my home page

gini in north idaho

Page 4 of 7 (101 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use