Page 3 of 7 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:42 PM

I agree, I did check out QATW but not the same feel.  Saw Spudgramma on and MNNancy recognized me.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 5:56 AM

Actually I love QATW, so that is where I will probably stay now.   I will use this site as my secondary site.   I love the live chat.  now if QCA, decides to do live chat I might come back

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:32 AM

QATW. Freezes  up my safari screen.  Unless I can figure out what's going on, I won't be able to use QATW most of the time.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,770
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:36 AM

gini:

QATW. Freezes  up my safari screen.  Unless I can figure out what's going on, I won't be able to use QATW most of the time.

I have found QATW too and had some trouble with it but since I put it on the "compatibility " list it works just fine and I like it better because one... it works...and two...the live chat. I have seen quite a few of our regulars there.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:41 AM

As much as I have been pushing it, it's pretty obvious that I love QATW, too.  Gini got me hooked on live chatting when she brought us over to Snickerdoodle dreams, and now we've found QATW has live chatting and an active member base who are fun, welcoming, and energized!  They have so many swaps and quilt-alongs (group projects) going that you can't possibly keep up with it all - something for everyone.  Unlike Facebook quilting sites, the membership is controlled in number, so in just two week's time, I feel like I've gotten to know some of the quilter's there pretty well.  I would love the chance to go to a retreat with them.  They are having one in October in Tennessee, so any of you who live in that area might want to check it out!   

Not everyone loves chatting because it is pretty fast-paced and requires most of your attention, but there are oodles of quilt-related discussion threads as well.  It might take a few days to get comfortable navigating, so look for the "In a Nutshell" posts where some of that is explained or post questions here or in Quilter's Quilting (FB), and we'd be happy to help you.  I think I will be entirely able to keep up with two online quilting groups, QCA & QATW.  I hope many of you will be also.  Dealing with change keeps you young!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:42 AM

What's the compatibility list?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:45 AM

Nancy, I really like it over there, too, but it keeps freezing my safari, unless I can figure out how to fix that I won't be able to spend a lot of time there.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,770
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:50 AM

gini:

What's the compatibility list?

look on your webpage tool bar and open the TOOLS tab..it usually on either upper right or left corner....look for COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS....when the box opens you should see "quiltingaroundtheworld " highlighted ....click ADD.....it seems to have helped me

newport, tennessee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:51 AM

gini:
QATW freezes  up my safari screen.

Gini, can you use any other browser besides Safari?   I thought you were using Chrome here on QCA.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:53 AM

tnmtgrl:
look for COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS....when the box opens you should see "quiltingaroundtheworld " highlighted ....click ADD

Gini and Jen, I think that's the same fix for IE that the techs pushed here on QCA.  It seems IE isn't compatible with anyone anymore.  It can't hurt to try it for Safari, though, if you can find the same sort of setting.

Oh, and Gini, I sent GG a note asking if she has any tips for using Safari with her site.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,770
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:55 AM

Most of the time lately I will be on both at the same time bouncing back and forth .....I should say that is when QCA will let me on...seems to be better these last couple of days but I am not holding my breath...you know what I mean. I am having trouble typing today only have one available hand...the other has a minpin puppy attached..lol.

newport, tennessee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:59 AM

I don't see a tool bar, this is on the ipad

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,770
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:59 AM

MNnancy:
I think that's the same fix for IE that the techs pushed here on QCA

yes it is...it works too

newport, tennessee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:01 AM

Do you have any menus with any kinds of settings?  Is there a 'help' function into which you can look up "compatability view"?  Sorry, I've never used an iPad.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,770
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:01 AM

I don't know what an ipad screen looks like....sorry

newport, tennessee

Page 3 of 7 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use