Page 1 of 7 (101 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti Posted: Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:40 AM

Many of us remember a better time.   This was the most wonderful sight, met many wonderful people and the customer service was awesome.  I wish all the newcomers could experience this.  Remember QCA Liz?  She was one of us.  When I started the UFO group, she guided me over the phone and explained everything, somethings twice because I don't catch on to these things easily. 

When I first joined, I had problems getting on, which I learned was because of my surname which sounded like possible scam.  Customer service answered the phone within 5 rings, and the problem was fixed within minutes.

Now, I could go on and on about how wonderful QCA was, but I'll let the rest of you "oldies" add to the list.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 11:17 AM

I remember when I was very new to quilting and had so many questions.  All I had to do was post one to QCA, and within an hour, there would be 30 or more responses.  So many quilters from all over the country were spending lots of time online here, and they were so willing to share their advice.  I received all kinds of great tips, and then over time, the conversations would turn silly, and the gals started teasing each other and me, and pretty soon I felt like I was hanging out with some really good friends.  That was before everyone got so frustrated with the slowness of the site.  Some of those friends have given up on the site and rarely show their faces here anymore....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

I joined in 2009 but it took me awhile to get "in the groove" and thank goodness I did. The retreats, the online interactions, the wondferful people I'm met, in person, from Maine, Canada and clear across the country.

The things I've learned, the projects I've made would never have been possible otherwise.

Thank you one and all. Lord, I do hope these posts don't turn out to be eulogies. No other site I've tried recently is as good as QCA when it was working good.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

Well said Patti. I was made to feel welcome here after my first few posts. Now...? well, with the challenges of getting on I sometimes feel like an old friend has shut the door in  my face.  The new QCA gals try hard, but they don't seem to speak our language. Once upon a time they were part of our conversations. They interacted with us on a daily basis, knew us and even quilted with us. Now, I don't even know their names!  

But I guess it took time to get here, it'll take time to get back...assuming we don't continue to decline instead.  :-/

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 73
Points 1,150

...and you people have been responsible for stretching my quilting skills because of the quilts you've made and designers and products you've introduced me to.  I no longer hesitate to tackle something new or complicated because of the way you encourage each other.  I lurk a lot, post a little, but appreciate all of your skills.  It's frustrating to hear of all of the issues people have been having.  Knock on wood.  Except for days when the whole QCA is down, I can usually get on from my Mac... and bookmarking Posts Not Read has helped to get past the home screen isues.  There are some of you I feel like I know you, even though we've never met.  I renewed my premium membership because I value QCA and want to be around for improvements to come.  Ever hopeful,

stitcheraz

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 2:24 PM

I renewed for so many reasons:  acess to all the info on this sight when it works right.  vip discount at Joanns shop easy quilts by fons and porter.  Lately though for me its just not working right hard getting on error message etc but i'll wait it out maybe they will get this sight fixed right.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 5:30 PM

This used to be the first site i hit in the mornings...had to say good morning to all of my quilting friends and see what was happening, who was doing what, ask questions about something I was having problems with, and just plain talking with good friends.  Now it has become such a trial to get on here, that I save it for later in the day, if at all.

I really miss the old QCA.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

Karla:

This used to be the first site i hit in the mornings...had to say good morning to all of my quilting friends and see what was happening, who was doing what, ask questions about something I was having problems with, and just plain talking with good friends.  Now it has become such a trial to get on here, that I save it for later in the day, if at all.

Me too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

Karla:

Me too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 8:59 PM

Ladies, I joined QCA before it had a site to chat. Customer service was wonderful. When the chat started I was leary since social media is not my favourite thing. However, in no time at all, I felt like I had come home. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Nancy I remember the good natured ribbing and being teased by Judy I. I was one who answered every question if I had an answer. Now it's just so frustrating that I let a lot of it go.

I've made some wonderful friends here. QCA gave me Diane and Marie. Diane is no longer with us but she is always in my heart. The retreats have been a great break from a hectic life.

The best part then is still the best part now. ALL of you.

I really hope admin can get its act together and get this site running properly again. Hire some customer service people would be a great start.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:01 PM

Of course I got an error message trying to post. WTG QCA. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:45 PM

Kris:
Of course I got an error message trying to post.

LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 9:52 PM

Yes, I remember QCA in 2009+. How excited I was to join & "meet" all these wonderful people, learn from them, be inspired by them, and share my quilts with them. Some people are no longer with us, some have moved on from QCA and some still hang around, like me, waiting for things to improve.  Tonight is the first time in close to a week where I successfully logged on so I could add to the conversation.  I hope I can get on more often & hope the site is new and improved sooner than any of us can hope for!

As Thea used to say - and maybe still does - quilty hugs to all of you!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,065

I just joined this year and was really enjoying my visits. The Dear Jane group is especially fabulous. But now I can no longer post pictures. I keep getting letters in the mail about paying more money for another year. Rats. I wished the site worked like it did just a handful of weeks ago.

Sadly,

Jeanne in Michigan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 11:00 AM

I remember when I started.  I am self taught, and everyone helped me improve a lot.  Even to point of getting a long arm, got help learning that as well.  I have gone from a two by six foot table in my office to having a quilt studio (actually just a big farm house) I have a cutting room, a sewing room with a 8 x 8 design wall, a display room and a long arm room.  I spend many happy hours there every day.  Would not have had the confidence to do all that if not for this site.  FMQ became really fun doing it with people from all over the country.  Sure have missed everyone.

Granny M

Page 1 of 7 (101 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use