rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 4:47 PM

Is2116- 

My Joanne's lets me use as many coupons as I have and the discount on top.  Really helps cut the bill.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 12:23 AM

Debbie:

Is2116- 

My Joanne's lets me use as many coupons as I have and the discount on top.  Really helps cut the bill.

I've visited stores that use everything I have and others that won't combine discounts. Online I can only use one. I enter the codes to see which gives a bigger discount before I check out.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 1,265

Hello Jenia,

Nice meeting you.  I also purchased a premium membership.  I had no idea that there is another option.  I haven't been able to access any groups and I also don't watch the online tv stuff.  My first time membership will end in August and I'm receiving reminders to renew NOW, or else.  But ..... I believe that the nice and helpful people in here have nothing to do with  the problems.  I will renew in August... I live close to Tallahassee Fl and the Joann's fabric store has never heard of the 10% discount.  Good grief!  Nothing in this world Is perfect. 

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 12:33 PM

Yes, you can get your coupons from the phone --- if you have a smart phone--which I don't.   So that blows that theory.  LOL     Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 1:51 PM

We got an email from the powers that be talking about the F+W acquisition of New Track Media and promising a better QCA. Here's hoping that happens.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 167
Points 2,145
Flo replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:19 PM

I have to drive 50 miles to either a Joann's or a Hancock Fabrics.  Joann's has been rude and is always sloppy by me.  I now go to Hancock's because I am treated better.  I live at the top of a 7000 ft mountain so EVERYTHING is a drive.  When you have to drive that far it is important that you do not get angry or stressed and every stop has to count.   So keeping my premium membership for my discount card didn't matter.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 3:26 PM

I hope and pray that this goes thru as promised, Kris.     Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 1,265

Ginny,

I don't have a smart phone.  I'm thinking about getting one.  I do print 40% of coupons for Hobby Lobby.  Hobby Lobby doesn't have the huge fabric selection, but shopping there doesn't make my eyes and throat burn like in Joanns. 

I also received the letter from QC about a new company and maybe faster access?  Not this morning.  It took several minutes to get in.  I only sit on my computer in the AM, because I have to cook  etc. I had more computer time before my DH retired.  

Marianne

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 1,265

Flo,

You must have a great view from you home.  I live rural  and everything is a drive too.  It's a 10 mile drive to Tallahassee  to hit I-10 and so on.   There used to be a Hancock's store in Tallahassee, but they closed years ago.  I preferred shopping at Hancocks.  I purchase  a lot of fabric over the internet.  It's hard to get the right color, unless I have the name of the fabric and the color number.  One fabric store offers free shipping for QC members and that helps.  I can't recall their name right now.

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 7:57 AM

Marianne,

I am not even thinking of getting a smart phone.  Being on a limited income, I couldn't begin to afford one.  It would not be my primary phone.  I have a cell phone only for emergency calls when needed,--and I seldom use that because I have minutes on my "Onstar" in my vehicle.  Now that is something I am glad to have.  As far as fabric stores,  I have a number of Joann's near me, within 15 miles.  Not my favorite store at all, but they also drove Hancock's out of the area.  I do have a number of small quilt shops within 25 miles, but nothing very large, and they certainly don't have very many or very good sales.  I think most of my fabric I purchase on line.  There is a Hobby Lobby about 25 miles away, but I have never been there.      Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 1,265

Ginny, I don't have a smart phone either.  But I can print coupons for Hobby Lobby at home.  It's usually a coupon for 40% off unless it's a sale item.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 1,265

Ginny,

We're on social security but we're lucky to have a very thoughtful daughter in law.  Shi instead that our son supplies our cell phone. We're on their plan and it doesn't cost us a penny.  But we have helped to raise the youngest grandson.  Our cars are to old to have an onstar.  My car is a 77 Chevy wagon and my DH drives a 12 year old car.  Both cars were bought used. 

Our daughter in law has asked if I want a smart phone for my birthday and I'm thinking about it.

Marianne

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 84
Points 1,265

oops about my spelling it's she insisted that our son supplies the cell phone.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

zoetc49:

" don't reward bad behavior".

That sums up nicely how I feel. This site is virtually inaccessible.

I also agree that the groups are great places for beginners, if you could access the site. Without the Fear No More FMQ group I never would have worked through my fear of FMQ..

Denise Smart

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 11:42 AM

Denise Smart:

zoetc49:

" don't reward bad behavior".

That sums up nicely how I feel. This site is virtually inaccessible.

I also agree that the groups are great places for beginners, if you could access the site. Without the Fear No More FMQ group I never would have worked through my fear of FMQ..

Denise, I am right with you there!  And I miss and think of Barbara very day!!!  Hope she is doing well...but doubt very much she can deal with the frustrations of even trying to get into QCA these days.

We are trying to keep our quilty friends from QCA together via a secret group on Facebook (inaccessible to all but those invited).  We made it secret so we wouldn't be bombarded with spammers and non-quilting trivia...just keeping it to our quilty friends.  If you are on FB, you can "friend request" me (Donna Koenig Bonn), but be sure to write a quick note to me identifying yourself as from QCA (especially if your fb name is different than on QCA!).  Once we are friends, I can invite you to join the group.

Many of are also gathering at www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com   You might give that a try also.  The access is great, very friendly site, and very welcoming.  Those already there can help you navigate and learn the site. (BTW, the site is FREE, no ads, no commercials, no selling of anything!  Just quilters who love quilting!)

Winthrop, WA

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use