Top 10 Posters

Qbot quilting?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20
patty posted on Fri, Jan 31 2014 1:47 PM

Hi.  My name is Patty and I'm kind of a novice.  I have been making quilts for a few years now through a local quilting store and classes.  I love it!  I have a Pfaff Grand Quilter Hobby 1200 that is on a New Generation table.  Mostly I meander when quilting, but I'm ready to move on with my quilting!  One of the things I've looked at is the Qbot system and wonder what all you quilters out there think about it.

I've been practicing free form, and also some pantogram as well.

Thanks for your input!

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

I have and use a QBot and really do like it when I get around to being able to quilt! There is a learning curve to get the most out of it, and the videos on their site are extremely helpful. If there is a class or two offered at the place you might purchase it, be sure to take them. I wish there had been a class available when I bought it. I subscribe to a site called Apricot Designs which sells some very inexpensive new designs to be downloaded into the QBot. It doesn't come with too many already programed. If you purchase, don't pay too much (They are too pricey at $4500, but I got mine for about $2200 and it was worth it then), and be sure you have the latest version of the software. It's pricey to have to update and you have to send in the entire unit. Takes a long time. Look for floor model/demonstration models that might be less expensive. I have it attached to my Baby Lock Jewel long-arm machine. Hope that helps.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,398 Posts
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 9:32 PM

It's so amazing that someone who has never posted here before has a question that someone else who has never posted before has the answer.  And of course there is something to sell or buy.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
2,722 Posts
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 12:38 AM

I've been wondering about qbot too.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use