Don't know the name of this pattern.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
pcombs Posted: Fri, Jan 24 2014 12:21 PM

I'm trying to find the name of this pattern for my sister.  She is the quilter in the family.  Hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to attach the picture it's not working.

Thanks

Not having any luck posting a picture of the quilt square.  Anyone that can help me with this I would appreciate it.  I have tried going to the film strip and uploading and just trying to create a gallery shot but nothing seems to work.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780

Welcome to QCA !   When you attach a picture to your message using the filmstrip icon it sometimes takes awhile for the picture to be attached. I often think it's not going to work. Maybe try again and give it awhile.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
pcombs replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 6:02 PM

Thank you Carol.  I will try again in a little while when I have more time to wait.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
pcombs replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 9:25 AM

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780

This isn't it exactly, but the closest block I could find. The block you show could be made with this pattern by just placing the colors in the right places. This is from the book "501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks" by Judy Hopkins.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,200
Pamela replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 3:11 PM

Carol's block layout is of the same type, called intersecting parallel line blocks by Michael James in his 1978 edition of The Quiltmaker's Handbook. What Judy Hopkins is calling a 7-unit block. Many popular patterns resemble this block layout - Bear's Paw, Lincoln's Platform and Goose Tracks. The Tonganoxie nine patch definitely has similarities to your quilt. I also cannot find an exact pattern to this one. It may be that the maker chose fabrics of different shades than the pattern suggested, to make her own design.

If your sister wants to make this quilt, she could easily draft it on graph paper. The block is formed by making a 7X7 grid - 49 squares. Make two sets of parallel lines running through the middle of the block from top to bottom and side to side. The remaining four corner sections are subdivided into a 9-patch grid. Then, color the sections according to the quilt block pattern, being sure to use light, medium, and dark shades to get the effect shown. I would suggest a 14-inch finished block size, since it is divisible by 7, making each of the grids on the block a 2-inch finished section.

Hope this helps.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 9:34 PM

Sorry I'm no help here first time I'm seeing your pic.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use