" Home"

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 Posted: Fri, Jan 24 2014 11:59 AM

I have heard from others, and I too keep getting the wonderful error message when trying to get to my " Home" page. What is your IT department doing( or not) over there?  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:33 PM

I had to chuckle when I saw that QCA Sheyenne, over on another thread, asked someone to PM her.  Can't do that if we can't get to the home pages! The home pages and the group pages are generally the hardest to get into.  The discussion forums have been a bit less finicky (except for yesterday).

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 9:13 PM

I can hardly ever get onto my home page.  Is anything being done about this?  I need to be able to communicate one on one with the members of my group!  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580

Linny, they say they are working on this, but if so it is taking them a looooooong time! I can't get to my home page either. I just don't try to get on here very often anymore because it is not worth the frustration. I am really getting tired of reading all the complaints and feeling like there is no one listening or trying to do anything. Once upon a time QCA was the ultimate place for quilters to gather. Not so much now. Very sad.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 9:30 AM

I'm slowing down in posting because of slowness in site and i agree i don't need more frustration in my life.  Where else can one go to talk with other quilters though.  I should probably check out other websites but this felt like home even though my ability wasn't as good as many on here.  Oh no maybe thats what happened.  Maybe their all on vacation who knows?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,470
Agnes replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 4:18 PM

From the retail world: Good service might get mentioned once in ten incidents. Bad service the ration is more like 9 out of 10. When's the last time there was a good service topic on this site? Now bad service quite another matter. The quickest way to lose customers is to offer bad service. If we had operated our retail establishment on this type of poor service we would have gone bankrupt. I'm not a paid subscriber but I will soon not even bother trying to come on.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 889
Points 16,505

I agree with what you all are saying.

Up until last week I rarely had problems getting onto QCA but now I can't sign on to the home page and sometimes can't even get on through an email post.  Very frustrating to say the least.  It doesn't make a difference the time of day/night either.

I retired from the financial industry in a service center where bad customer service wasn't tolerated at all.  We even expected the same quality service from our own  company's IT department since we depended on the computer to do our jobs.   It seems that their customers are not as important as they should be or they would have resolved their issues long ago.  Excuses are not acceptable. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 7,390

MNnancy:

I had to chuckle when I saw that QCA Sheyenne, over on another thread, asked someone to PM her.  Can't do that if we can't get to the home pages! The home pages and the group pages are generally the hardest to get into.  The discussion forums have been a bit less finicky (except for yesterday).

So glad I could make you laugh, MNnancy! The home page was easily accessible at the time of that message. Two weeks ago I believe?

Thanks.

QCA Sheyenne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 7,390

Patricia Faye:

I agree with what you all are saying.

Up until last week I rarely had problems getting onto QCA but now I can't sign on to the home page and sometimes can't even get on through an email post.  Very frustrating to say the least.  It doesn't make a difference the time of day/night either.

I retired from the financial industry in a service center where bad customer service wasn't tolerated at all.  We even expected the same quality service from our own  company's IT department since we depended on the computer to do our jobs.   It seems that their customers are not as important as they should be or they would have resolved their issues long ago.  Excuses are not acceptable. 

Patricia,

Thank you for pointing out that up until a week ago, you rarely had problems. As our development team moves from one area to another, integrating content to the new site, we experience issues from the consumer point of view. The problems should be temporary.

QCA Sheyenne

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 9:34 AM

Sheyenne, 

Thank you for posting. When do you all believe all of this will be completed? please don't tell us what you think we want to hear, tell us the truth, thank you.   I thought you all were developing this site to be better, but you moving this to a new web page?  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 10:53 AM

this is the first time since Thursday that I have been able to sign into QCA.  As mine always opens to my home page, maybe that is part of the problem.  It almost always times out, and I get an error message before I am connected.  I guess I will have to learn how to get in the back door.  I am not set up to get emails so will try going through my  'history.' 

I can tell by the postings, and date of postings that many others have this problem as well. 

Sheyenne As I am not very tech savvy, maybe you can explain what causes this? 

Thankfully, when I have been able to get on, I have noticed a lot less spam than we used to have.   Perhaps they are having the same problem, or QCA Sheyenne has really gotten on top of this for us. 

Anyway, glad to be on this morning.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 11:20 AM

I will pretty much second everything that Patti has said...

I usually log on to QCA via my Homepage - but have not been able to since late last week.

On my Homepage (before my sign-on attempt), I could see that others were signed in and posting.

I will agree there is "less" spam, but obviously some is still getting through whatever improved blocks you now have in place. 

Along with Patti, I am not tech-saavy enough to be getting in "back-doors" and such, but have by accident found that even after I get the dreaded blue error message, I am often already signed in (if I open a new window).  But not always!  (the inconsistency is also a frustration)

Sheyenne, I think you are now getting a sense of what a community QCA has been for us.  And, what a loss we feel with its diminished availability.  For many, many of us it is a large part of our daily lives!

I am very glad to be back on this morning and hope you will keep us updated with whatever progress and information is available.

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 7,390

zoetc49:

Sheyenne, 

Thank you for posting. When do you all believe all of this will be completed? please don't tell us what you think we want to hear, tell us the truth, thank you. I thought you all were developing this site to be better, but you moving this to a new web page?  

zoetc49 – I can't give you a definite answer. Promises to me of new QCA testing have not been honored and I'm helpless at this point. And to answer your second question– we're moving QCA to a new site platform that will support the site's content and usage. It is a laborious process with many setbacks and delays, some of which were expected and others that were not.

QCA Sheyenne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 11:31 AM

I'm so excited!  I got to my Home page 3 times in a row without an error message!  Hope it lasts.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 11:34 AM

QCA Sheyenne:

zoetc49:

Sheyenne, 

Thank you for posting. When do you all believe all of this will be completed? please don't tell us what you think we want to hear, tell us the truth, thank you. I thought you all were developing this site to be better, but you moving this to a new web page?  

zoetc49 – I can't give you a definite answer. Promises to me of new QCA testing have not been honored and I'm helpless at this point. And to answer your second question– we're moving QCA to a new site platform that will support the site's content and usage. It is a laborious process with many setbacks and delays, some of which were expected and others that were not.

QCA Sheyenne

Thanks for letting us know, Sheyenne.  It's been so bad for so long many of us are a little bitter about it.  Just having this communication makes the wait not so bad.  A few words go a long way.

Linny T

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use