Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue Posted: Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:25 AM

Woke up this am to this in my front yard

Now to those of you in the North this is not unusual, but in East Texas this is most unusual!  We haven't seen anything like this for many years.

And here is the back

These were taken at 8am, it is now almost 10:30 and there hasn't been any change, in fact the temp has dropped about 5 deg.

Trying to stay warm.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 13,655

Just wondering Sue... Do you like what you see?  I don't mind the snow now that  I'm retired and I don't have to get up early every morning to shovel the driveway before going to work!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:53 AM

Hi Carol, not sure yet.  It sure is pretty to look at though.  I did cancel the line dance class this morning, most of the students are older than I am and I was afraid they would slip on the stairs leading to the clubhouse.  Have to go out in a little while and feed the birds, I'll let you know after I come back in.  Guess as long as I don't have to be out in it for long, I can enjoy it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:30 PM

Oh, Sue, I saw horrible road reports from Texas on the news all the way up here.  I hope you stayed safely at home.  Even the San Antonio roads were covered in ice!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:43 PM

I'm a michigander and think your snowscape scene is pretty, but I'm waiting on groundhog day and hoping for no snow.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 9:03 AM

Well Carol I do like the look of the snow, but I'm ever so glad that I don't have to live in it!  I'm a southern California girl transplanted to East Texas.

Nancy the reports of horrible road conditions were the result of people not knowing how to drive n icy roads and not staying home like they were told to do.  Even the buses needed to have special help getting off the freeways, some never made it.  Although even though there were many fender benders, there were no injuries!

I did stay in except to go out to fill the bird feeder, I love watching the birds from my studio.

This morning the temp was 25 when I got up, there is still snow on the ground but the sun is shinning today so I imagine it will all melt soon, except what is under the trees. 

Today will be a good day to work on quilting my sampler finished last year!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 80
erpromot replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 10:12 AM

I must be really cold out there. In situations like this, it is better to stay indoors if possible.

cheap bulksms

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 273
Points 4,090

Sue,

the last time I saw snow was in 1988.  I'm in north Florida and there hasn't been any snow since.  That snow gave us a white Christmas and it stayed for three or four days.   Two of our kids were home from university and there was enough snow for them to build a snow dwarf.  I'm sure that I have a picture of that snow dwarf some where.

Marianne

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 7:02 PM

Marianne Nowicki:
the last time I saw snow was in 1988.  I'm in north Florida and there hasn't been any snow since
               Marianne, Where are you in North Florida ? Im here, too. Oh, just so you,ll know the snow was in 1989, as I was living in Charlston, SC and we got it, too. My DS was 2 months old and my DD was 3 and so afraid of the snow she cried and would not stay out in it. Im near Jacksonville if that helps.   Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 7:45 PM

Burrrrrr!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 10:55 PM

Sue, just north of you in Oklahoma City and no snow since early November.  we could use the precipitation so send it our way.  was high of 22 Thursday, 44 Fri, today was 60s and tomorrow 64, then Mon high is suppose to be 20s. On Jan 6, I took a picture of my car temp to show it was 8 degrees at 7:30 in morning.  talk about crazy weather!! and no snow to help us see the cold, just feel it.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 273
Points 4,090

Susan,

I'm close to Tallahassee.  We moved from Ft Myers, FL  to Havana, FL in 1975. Pardon me, but what is a DS and a DD?  I can't figure those out.  

Marianne

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 8:42 AM

Dear son, dear daughter, dear husband , SIL son in law. Etc.   dsm domestic sewing machine.   I figured out a lot of them just going by context but asking is faster in some cases

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 3:02 PM

Hi Debbie,

This is the craziest year ever!  Today we are almost 70!  But the weather guessers say another cold spell is due next week. Hope it holds off until Thurs or Fri, have to go to Houston on Wed, not looking forward to that 100 mile, one way, drive!  I'd be glad to ship this cold north if I could, I, for one, do not like it at all!

Stay well and warm.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 3:04 PM

Candis :

Burrrrrr!!

So true Candis!  I see that your area is warm in the mid to high 70's and low 80's.  Unusual for that area too.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use