Disappointment

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 205
debo1256 Posted: Thu, Jan 23 2014 7:41 PM

I have been a member since November 2012. I started getting my magazines, and rec'd them up till the spring issue of 2013. I then notified admin that I had moved, gave them the new address and asked that my subscriptions be sent to the new address. I did not hear back from anyone in any form of a reply; I did not receive the rest of my subscriptions. So, giving the benefit of the doubt; I renewed my membership in November 2013.....to date, I have not received any magazines, nor have I heard anything back about my renewed membership. I have to say that I am terribly disappointed in QCOA. I love the Easy Quilts magazine, but I will buy it elsewhere from now on. I will never renew a membership with them again.

I recently wrote again (this will be the 5th time) telling them that I want a refund on my 2012 and 2013 membership due to the incompetency of their admin. All it would have taken was a quick email and apology and them starting to send the magazines like they were paid to do. SO DISAPPOINTED.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 8:46 PM

Debo, I am sorry that you've been so frustrated with QCA's unresponsiveness.  You are not alone.  QCA Karla and QCA Sheyenne have been more responsive of late concerning web site issues.  I wonder what they can tell us about why there have been so many issues with magazine subscriptions, membership cards, and difficulties renewing memberships.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,370
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:37 AM

I've been trying to get on and difficulties always says mishandled error to contact administrator.  What is going on with this site?  I've renewed my membership, tried calling etc.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,341
Points 414,694
gini replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:35 AM

I have to type quilters club of America forums on the browser and this is the only way I can get on, when I can get on  I can't go to groups.  very frustrating.  they should off us partial refunds for only partial access to the site

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,341
Points 414,694
gini replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:36 AM

I still have not received my membership card and I renewed in October

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 934
Points 15,825
Marge P replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 3:45 PM

I never rec'd my membership card when I renewed in January 2013 so needless to say I didn't renew January 2014.  I sent several emails requesting a new card. Sure do get a lot of offers to re-subscribe but it won't happen.  They really need to do a complete overhaul on this site.

Can't believe the emails I get from all the sponsors from the site.  If they were half as dedicated to the current users as compared to their sponsors, they might possibly improve our opinion of them.  Oh well,   You can take a horse to water, but you can't make them drink!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
MaryC replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 7:39 PM

I'm a *new* member...and find navigating the site very difficult... not being able to print pages from the digital magazine is frustrating.  I'd like to make a couple of projects I found, but, couldn't print.  I stopped looking - don't want to find things to make that I can't print.  Tried to search patterns - didn't see a way to do that.  Found several links that won't work.  I have difficulty getting to videos on QNN - I'm signed in, but, only get to see 'preview' videos - have to sign out and sign back in a couple of times to get it to work right.  Sent 2 emails to inquire for assistance - absolutely NO response.  I wonder if their sponsors would appreciate knowing that members are discouraged by the flood of promotions but have very little 'service' available to them.  I'm beginning to think they have the same company running their website as Obama did.  :-(   I sure hope I can figure all this out so I don't feel I've wasted my $$. 

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 205
debo1256 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 8:25 PM

I hope admin is taking note of what everyone is saying on here; I'm sure there are many, many more who just don't want to put anything in print. I for one am fed up; and if I don't get a refund soon; I will be contacting some of the sponsors and letting them know what's going on. What s scam and an absolute disgrace this is.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 425
QCA Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 2:47 PM

Hi Gini, two cards have been sent out to you, one from the printing company and one from our office.  The cards have been sent to the address we have on your file. Please check with your local Post Office to see if they have the card.  The membership card from our office was sent 2 weeks ago.  

Thank you,

QCA Karla

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 425
QCA Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 3:18 PM

Hi Gini, if you are having issues getting to the home page, set up a bookmark on your browser for another QCA page such as QCA blogs or sponsors, so you will be able to access other parts of the site when the home page is unavailable.  

Thank you,

QCA Karla

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 425
QCA Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:18 PM

Hi ls2116, we do feel your frustration as we work on the same QCA website.  The notice you see is the website has gone down.  Try setting up a bookmark such as http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/blogs/sponsors/default.aspx or http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/29440.aspx (this is the Farmers Wife Group) to get onto the website.  From here you can go to the different areas in QCA. Please try this to see if you are able to log onto the website easier.  If calling, please leave a message.  We call back with in 48 hours usually less unless it is a weekend.  

Thak you,

Karla

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 425
QCA Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:02 PM

Hi Marge P, in checking our emails I do see where we received an email on 1/14/2013 in which you described your frustration due to not being able to receive group emails. There was no mention of membership card issues. We apologize you did not receive a card.  If you renew, I will make sure you receive your card.

We are working at overhauling our website and finding out it does take time to update and improve all areas.  We want QCA to work great for everyone.

Thank you,

QCA Karla

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 425
QCA Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:52 PM

Hi Nancy,

We were not aware of issues with the magazine subscriptions. Easy Quilts comes out 4 times a year, Spring starts mailing the end of December, Summer starts mailing the middle of March, Fall starts mailing the second week of July, and Winter starts mailing the first part of November.  It usually takes 4-6 weeks to have all the magazines shipped and to our members.  If any member does not receive their issue, we gladly replace it after the 6 week time frame.

Membership cards reports are done the middle of the month and the end of the month.  After the report is finished, sent to the printers, and received by the member, it can take 3-4 weeks for the membership card to arrive.  An  email or phone message will have the missing card on the way.

Internet Explorer caused quite a few issues this year with their update and making our website incompatible.  We have instructions to correct this issue.  Members who are renewing need log into the website with their current username and password, then proceed to renew.

If one is renewing before the expiration date, please log in, go to the Premium Membership Benefits box in the left column, click on MY ACCOUNT STATUS at the bottom of the  box.  Click to open up the next page.  There will be a RED renewal which the member clicks on and will renew the membership.

If after the expiration date,  log into the QCA website as usual and in the left column click on the CLICK HERE to upgrade to Premium Membership. Follow the steps to renew. 

Emails are behind due to short-handedness and we are working diligently to answer the emails.  Phone messages are taken off 3 time a day and called back usually within 48 hours, unless it is a weekend.  

We do know there are issues with the website, as we work on the QCA website also.  And we know we keep saying a new platform is coming.  It takes time, and when the current website acts up, the programmers stop the update to fix the current site.  

We do enjoy the quilters on the website, and everyone who is involved with QCA is a quilter also.  We appreciate the kindness we read and the friendships we make with other quilters.

We hope this little blurb helps with understanding some of the areas which needed to be addressed.  Thank you Nancy, for pointing out some of the concerns members are having so we are able to understand where members are having trouble.

Thank you,

QCA Karla 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:38 PM

QCA Karla:

Hi Gini, if you are having issues getting to the home page, set up a bookmark on your browser for another QCA page such as QCA blogs or sponsors, so you will be able to access other parts of the site when the home page is unavailable.  

Thank you,

QCA Karla

OK QCA Karla, I have taken your advise and set up a new bookmark for another QCA page so I can sign in to QCA.  That does seem to help with signing onto the site ...thank you!

BUT, that doesn't resolve the issue of access to our homepage and private messages!  This is a critical communication tool for many of us planning projects and events!  

Why is the Homepage unavailable so often now? 

Winthrop, WA

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use