Top 10 Posters

Quilting apps?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 50
Redsimi posted on Sun, Jan 19 2014 8:00 AM

My DH bought me an IPad for Christmas last year. I really want to start quilting more and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good quilting app. Mostly I want something to help match up fabrics and maybe preview quilt designs. 

Thanks!

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
652 Posts
Points 12,700

Welcome to QCA, Redsimi!  I just now looked at a couple free apps on my iPad. Thanks for mentioning them- I never thought to look at them. There is one free one called Block-Fab HD that is pretty nice. It allows you to take pictures of your fabric with the iPad camera and use those to add to the block designs within the app or to use colors from the app.  I only worked with the app a couple minutes but what I did try was very easy to do. I didn't look at any of the ones that aren't free. I have both Quilt Pro 6 and EQ7 on my laptop.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,473 Posts
Points 116,865

From your iPad app search,  type Quilt or quilting. I did it from my Kindle Fire and found some. Haven't downloaded any. I do have a quilt shop location app on my iPhone.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,473 Posts
Points 116,865

I just checked on my iPhone and there is one called QuiltincCalc. It has good ratings and is free. It's by Robert Kaufman fabrics and is to help determine yardage needed. There is another one called BlockFab where you pick the block and size you want and number of blocks and it'll give you the yardage needed for the quilt. It also gives cutting diagrams and instructions for the various pieces.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 45
Answered (Not Verified) Tom replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 3:28 PM
Suggested by Tom

I went into the Google Play Store just now. You can type in Quilting Patterns, Quilting Shops, or just Quilting. There are around 50 Apps on there you can download for free and some are paid for apps. I downloaded the Missouri Star Quilt Company App which is free and you can watch all of there Quilting Videos and order fabric on this App and the best part it is free. I also downloaded a free app that calculates how much fabric you need to complete a project and also has free quilting tips and videos. Just read all of the reviews and decide if you want to pay for an app or not. I like all the free ones. :) There are also free quilting patterns and magazines you can download apps for. I hope this helps.

Tom

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Thanks for the info, Tom, and welcome to QCA!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
2,670 Posts
Points 37,665
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 8:20 PM

I've been trying to find a app that says size yardage for beds, did you see one that has that info.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

Whoo hoo!! More toys. Just downloaded quilt fab HD but can't figure out how to take photos of fabric. No matter, what is there will keep me busy for a while

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use