Top 10 Posters

medallion quilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
2,621 Posts
Points 36,805
ls2116 posted on Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:50 AM

For awhile now I've had a idea on making a medallion  quilt and don't know how to go about doing it .  I received a annies quilt and sew catalog and came across the pattern "In The Garden"  I don't know who the designer is it isn't mentioned but my question for anyone that looks at the picture There is a center with floral, then around with blue strips. What I want to know is how to make the blue strips. Is there a name for that shape?  Its on page 5 in catalog.  Do I have to order pattern to make the shape for the blue strips?  I'm hoping someone on QCA has a answer.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,380 Posts
Points 115,290

I went to Annie's catalog online but couldn't find anything titled "In the Garden". I also Googled the name and found lots of patterns but nothing that matches your description. Wish I could help more.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
99 Posts
Points 1,445

http://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=106756 has a quilt pattern that may match what you're talking about.  Hope you may get some answers from the description or at least, the expensive! pattern...

stitcheraz

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,271 Posts
Points 413,604
gini replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 2:51 PM

http://www.anniescatalog.com/list.html?mode=list&offset=63&limit=21&q=In+the+garden&type_id=

I think you will need to order the pattern.  You could draw it out on your fabric and appliqué bias strips.  I would hate to do the math to figure out piecing,  you could make templates.   Good luck

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
2,621 Posts
Points 36,805
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 3:14 PM

The picture of pattern is from the February 2014 Annies Quilt & Sew it says its a new pattern.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
242 Posts
Points 3,090

I have checked out similar patterns to this pattern.  I am pretty sure that the entire quilt top is appliqued - the blue stripes with bias tubes.

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
99 Posts
Points 1,445

I don't have enough courage to tackle a design like In The Garden without the pattern.  For $32+ I'd have to want it really bad!  Good luck with whatever you decide.  It is beautiful...

stitcheraz

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use