rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 205
Noemi Sanchez Posted: Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:07 PM

Hi there, 

My name is Noemi Sanchez and I am new to the club.  Actually, I am new to quilting.  I am working on my first quilt which is a charity quilt for Downy.  I am registered to take a beginner's quilting class, starting in a couple of weeks.  I am really looking forward to learning how to do this correctly.  I am having alot of fun and have learned alot by looking at videos on you tube.  I can defenitely see how this can easily become an addiction. 

Just to tell you a little about myself, I have been married to my wonderful husband Nestor for 23 years and have two children, Steven who is 20 and Stephanie who is 19.  A few months ago, I took the plunge and bought myself a treat, my Husqvarna Viking Topaz 30 Embroidery Machine.  I live in South Florida and have joined a local quilters club.  I have only been to a few meetings and have learned a great deal.  I work full time for a hospice and I think that I enjoy quilting/sewing because it totally takes my mind away of the everyday challenges that life throws our way.  Also, I find that it allows you to exhibit your creativity. 

I am looking forward to being part of this group and hope to learn from all of your experiences.  Thanks!

Noemi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:19 PM

Hi Noemi and welcome to the club!  Glad to have you here.  You have come to the right spot for the quilting addiction.  Great group of enablers (I mean that in a good way!) lol

That is admirable work that you do working in a hospice.

Enjoy your new machine and quilting class!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:20 PM

Welcome to QCA, Noemi, Im sure you will enjoy this site alot, Lots of friendly Ladies, with alot of great advice.

Leslie

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:30 PM

Nice to meet you, Noemi!  As a beginner, it sounds like you are doing all the right things - a class, some videos, a local club, and now our group.  You will have so much help if you need any advice!  Thank you for the good work you do in hospice care.  I lost my father to cancer, and the hospice worker was a tremendous help to us.

Happy quilting with your new machine!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 350
Diane9494 replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:26 PM

Welcome to QCA. As the others have already said, you did the right thing by joining. As another newbie and fellow quilt addict, this is the place to be.   I am also working on a Downy quilt. Mine arrived yesterday and I already have the top completed. 

Diane

Missouri, The Show Me State

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:27 PM

Noemi

Welcome to the group.  Hope you enjoy browsing all the great things that are offered here.  It is awesome to hear from new people and especially new quilters.  Have fun and enjoy your quilting.  Any questions just ask and someone will be happy to help.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:31 PM

Welcome, Noemi!

So glad you've jumped into quilting with both feet! You certainly are doing all the right things to learn, meet other quilters, and have a great support network.  QCA is like a virtual guild in some ways - we help each other, share our quilts, lend support when needed, and have lots of fun and laughs together. Thanks so much for introducing yourself. I hope you like it here as much as we do :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:11 PM

Noemi,

Welcome to the group.  You will have a lot of fun here.  Good luck with your Downy quilt.  Sounds like you are doing all the right things and taking classes, going to a guild.  Don't forget to add QA to that list (quilters anonymous in case you didn't realise). The quilting art is addictive.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:12 PM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Noemi!

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 4,380
Gale replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 1:36 AM

Welcome! I, too, am a beginner (at quilting, not sewing-but they are two different animals sometimes) and am also going to hone my skills on a few downy quilts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 5:01 AM

welcome to QCA Noemi,  this is a wonderful place to learn everything you need to know about quilting.  We have  a lot of fun here - great wonderful group of women.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 5:07 AM

Hi and welcome Noemi. We have a lot of fun on this site and it's a great source of information. I look forward to seeing your projects and hearing how you like your designer Topaz as well. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:53 AM

Welcome Noemi

What a great way to start with classes and a Downy quilt.  My little quilt guild ordered 10 Downy kits last night.  We will soon be done with our raffle quilt and were looking for another project.  With our small group it will probably work out to about 2 quilts each.  We plan to set a Saturday or Sunday afternoon aside to get together and all work on them at the same time.  Our group has various levels of experience, from no completed quilts to one or two members who have done hundreds.  We are small because we all live in a small valley half an hour from town and avoid driving to town more that we have to.

You will have lots of great helpful quilting friends on this site.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome Noemi.  Everyone here form beginner to expert will be happy to share in your growth as a quilter. 

Thank you for being a hospice worker.  As a relative and freind of folks who have utilized hospice services, I know first hand what a wonderful thing it is that you are doing.  THANK YOU!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:48 PM

noemi.  welcome and hello.  you are off to a great start.   you will find lots of inspiration and help here.    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use