Top 10 Posters

Requesting Quilt blocks for a Comfort quilt for one of our long time member - Julz

Page 11 of 11 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 154 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:42 PM

Julz got her big Hug today from all you wonderful women!! She loved it! She said she would try to come on here to thank you all, she says she loves you for doing something so wonderful for her, She just loved it!!! Thea's Internet is messed up so she will be on here also as soon as she can!    Thank you all again for your selfless acts of kindness! I'm so proud to know each of you if only from this board and through your beautiful Quilt Blocks!!!     

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,417
Thea replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:48 AM

I am so happy that Julz rec'd her quilt.  After so many ( actually just a few but seems longer) months of thinking about this project, getting up the courage to ask Candis to take some of her precious time to put it together (although I  wanted to do it myself - knowing my health and how things go that I would have worried about getting it done) but Candis said Yes and she does such a beautiful job on everything I have seen her do - She is so very talented and a very gracious lady to do all the wonderful things she does.  I can not thank her enough... and I hope and pray that all the prayers that went into Julz blocks and into her quilt help to heal her in the coming days as she and Thomas enjoy the quilt.  

Isn't it nice when a plan comes together.  

My internet is so screwed up - we found out yesterday that it was an area wide problem - not for once on just our street... but it is exasperating as it screwed up both my computers... I have one that I use all the time with windows 7 and the new (well 2 year old) one with windows 8 (that I hate) but it screwed them both up and I have spent numerous hours trying to undo all the damage... all my pages have to be reset - had to delete all cookies ... I keep getting the screen that says there is no such web address... hmmmm... I don't think facebook or amazon moved... but hopefully they will arrive here today and fix it...

They will find a very grumpy Thea though today... My cat (would love to strangle him right now) Tito decided about 3 this morning to get a crinkly piece of trash out of the trash next to my sewing machine - it was the crinkly stuff around the aurifil thread that I had taken off and thrown away - well he started playing with it and got through to my brain and I finally dug my way up out of the deep sleep that I was in and heard the annoying noise that was bothering my sleep - I got up and took it away and threw it in the big trash can... but that started it - then the rest of the darlin??? fur babies think it is time for breakfast... but my body is hurting so bad that there is no way I can get up and feed them and get them to leave me alone... so I am very very grumpy... listening to meow for 3 hours... I did take my pain meds and finally got up and put some of the cream on but I was aching everywhere... things are settling down now and Mom has her pill - her dog is fed but not let out yet and all my fur babies are fed and quiet for a change... BUT I am wide awake now - so the bed is made and shortly the shower will be going and I promise to put these horrendously grumpy thoughts out of my head and smile for the rest of what i hope is only a beautiful day.

AT&T are supposed to be here today between 12 - 5 to fix my internet - they were supposed to be here yesterday but never showed up - then called at 8 to say they weren't coming????? DH told them when they said between 8 and 6 today that that would not work - that he was not getting up early to wait all day for another no show so he told them between 12 - 5... good for him right!!!  So hopefully, they will show up as tomorrow I go for the back procedure at the hospital... and hoping that it works so that I don't wake up with this horrendous leg pain for a few months... I can hope right!!!

So again, Ladies, thank you so very very much for making prayer blocks for Julz's quilt.  Thank you so much Candis for taking your wonderfully precious time in my eyes to put the blocks together and quilt it and send it to Julz!  You all are very wonderful in my eyes...

My very tired but awake eyes today!  Send me a teeny bit of your energy via prayer today and hopefully I will have enough energy to get something done... like letting Mom's dog out so I don't have that mess on the floor to clean up...:)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 6:30 PM

Message from  Julz to everyone!

julienne wrote: "CandisAltheaJanet, and everyone else, I want to thank all my QCA Sisters who worked, I have not been able to write down all the names yet, But I will and I will send a personal note, about this most absolutely beautiful quilt I have received from you all. It is in all my favorite colors and the pattern is wonderful. And it is warm! I really appreciate it and cannot say thank you enough. Love you all. 

PS: If anyone is not on face book, please share with all since I am have trouble with the QCA website. I keep trying today, it is not playing nice

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:20 PM

Candis, I'd like to see the finished product.  Did you post pics anywhere that I may have missed when not able to get on this site?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850

Karla:

Candis, I'd like to see the finished product.  Did you post pics anywhere that I may have missed when not able to get on this site?

Karla I posted photos a few pages back. And it is also in my gallery. I think you ladies did a stupendous job!!  Thank you

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 11 of 11 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use