Top 10 Posters

Requesting Quilt blocks for a Comfort quilt for one of our long time member - Julz

Page 10 of 11 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 154 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,825
Bonita replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 9:43 AM

Candis, it's beautiful and the job you did on it perfect. If just seeing a picture makes me feel good, just think how Julz will feel wrapped up in it. Many thanks to Thea and you, Candis, for doing this for her.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:06 AM

Hi Thea, I just got your email and was heading here to tell people about your Internet difficulties!  You got in though!  Bless your heart! So much trouble, first this site now your internet!   Thea it was a pleasure to make this Quilt. I hope it brings her warmth and happiness, hope it raises her spirits and lets her feel the love that was put in it from all the wonderful, generous ladies on here, including you for coming up with the idea,, making so many beautiful blocks, and supplying the beautiful backing for this creation.  I didn't get a pic of the backing!  It was a flannel batik of blue and purple. Beautiful! It went perfect with the front of the quilt!   Thea I love you Sister, such a big , giving heart, I am here for you anytime!!  I love helping!  

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:09 AM

Ahhhhing Bonita, thank you so sweet!  All the blocks were so beautiful it was easy to make the best quilt ever!!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580

Candis, you did a beautiful job. I am sure she will love it when she sees it.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 5:03 PM

I took down my note because I did see it, just had forgotten what I made...lol

I have been working on Carols quilt, I am not posting or stating what I am doing because she has even told me she wants it to be a surprise. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 5:53 PM

I want to thank you all for making blocks - Julz is a lucky woman and getting an awesome quilt!  I know it will help to heal her.

I would like to ask for some prayers for myself at the moment - I had a neuro stimulator put in last year and the battery was put on the left side of my back - well my wonderful body that just really hates me has been pushing the battery over towards my spine and it is now resting on my spine.  I go in this coming Thursday for a shot to be put into my lower back and my doctor will evaluate at that time whether the battery is okay for the time being - but if it isn't he will do surgery and hopefully just be able to do a small incision on my left side and pull the battery back over to the place he originally put it.  Normally, the batteries stay where they are put but as is the case with me I am anything but normal.  If the battery, has started to adhere to my spine the surgery will be a longer one and have to be scheduled for a later date... For the moment he has given me a pain medication cream to help with the pain that I am having with my legs - we thought it was from lombar spinal stenosis but it may be just the battery pressing on my spine and irritating the nerves in that area.  The vertebrae are bulging there but we are hopeful... 

On top of that, I am having these horrible internet problems... I am so mad at AT&T and Cox Cable in our area... Cox uses the telephone lines to bring there product to the people in this area... and they get up on the poles and switch levers which causes those who have AT&T to get static on their lines... so we have to call and call and call to get our service corrected - well this last time they have corrupted one of the transmitters and something else so if anyone in the area is using their internet with Cox my signal does not get through - so I try to get online when my neighbors our gone...crossing my fingers that Tuesday they get it corrected ... right now I only see half the posts that are there - it is just lines ... and facebook - is a mess and my favorite place to spend money for the things I need in my house - Amazon - I can't get too - so so irritating... but it will get better!!! It will all get better....

It took me 3 hours to get on this morning, and I kept posting and posting my message and it never posted - then it worked and I was amazed...

I again thank you all for the blocks you made for Julz - she will be so surprised and happy when she sees this quilt.  It is absolutely awesome... Thank you again Candis for the wonderful job you did giving up your wonderful time to do something for someone else.  I can not be more happy and it just allows me to know that all will be well in my life!  A big virtual hug to you and  may God bless your life!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:14 PM

Ok, do we want to make a quilt for Thea???? I will make a block  : ) 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 3:50 AM

I think this is a great idea, she does so much for all of us.

I will make a few blocks.

Macungie, PA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:17 AM

I will contribute some blocks. Any thing perticular like colors?

God Bless

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:18 AM

Also, will embroidered blocks be ok?

God Bless

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,388
Marie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 10:40 AM

Candis, the quilt came out beautifully!  Thank you so much for all the work you put into this.  I know Julz will feel the love.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:29 AM

For those of you volunteering to make blocks for a Quilt for Thea, at this point I did write to Thea to see what her color choice would be . I have not heard back yet.  I asked her because this can not be a secret, she gets on QCA regularly.  When I hear back , I will volunteer to collect blocks and assemble her HUG QUILT.  I agree she deserves this, she does so much for everyone. Just running the Christmas all year is a large task!  She is one of the most giving, generous, big hearted women I know!  She has had big big health problems!, but it doesn't seem to stop her from caring and doing for others.   So when I hear something I will post a new discussion thread for Thea.  Please stay tuned for details!   Thank you, I was going to make her one myself, but this is so much better, to show our love, and caring, and prayers !  Stay tuned!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:51 PM

Ok Ladies, I have started a discussion for sign up for a QUILT FOR THEA.   PLEASE JOIN US THERE. 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 8:30 PM

Candis, I love how you put this quilt together for Julz.  All the blocks go together beautifully.  She is sure to love it and I hope she feels all our hugs we included with the blocks.  Thank you also, Thea, for all you did to get this project going.  

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 555
Points 8,770
Joyce replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:16 PM

Candis the quilt looks beautiful.  You did a wonderful job quilting it.  I'm sure she will be thrilled.  I know I would be.  Thank you for all the work.  I'm happy to have been a part of this hug quilt.

Joyce

Maryland

Page 10 of 11 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use