Top 10 Posters

Requesting Quilt blocks for a Comfort quilt for one of our long time member - Julz

Page 9 of 11 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 154 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 9:34 AM

Thanks for letting me know you received it, Candis and you're welcome.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Sun, Feb 23 2014 11:23 AM

Again, I would like to thank all of you who have sent blocks for Julz's quilt.  I really can not thank you enough - you humble me in the selflessness you show in volunteering and sending such beautiful blocks.  

Julz is doing better - she has started posting a little on facebook again and I know when Candis completes the quilt and sends it to her she will be so amazed.  

All the prayers that went into making these blocks and making this quilt will lift her up in God's eyes and she will do wonderfully.

Again, thank you so very much for your time and effort and the prayers you put into these simple quilt blocks that will be awesome.

Thank you again Candis for saying Yes when I asked you to put the quilt together and quilt it... i truly can not express how wonderful I feel everytime I see a post on here about a willingness to make a block or a block being sent or a block being rec'd by Candis.

Thank you and May God bless you every day!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,358
Points 28,605

Candis :

I received one block today! Marsha it was yours! Beautiful! Love snail trails! It will look wonderful with all the others! Thank you so much ! Just lovely!

Happy my block made it - - -  My computer didn't!!  I finally had to buy a new computer last Friday and am having fits getting along with Windows 8!!!  I was finally able to get my SLOW dial-up internet set up and working on the new computer.  Today is the first time I have commented since my internet died on the old computer on Feb. 12th.  I am a speed-typist, but not on this keyboard.  The action of the keys is lousy and it likes to add letters to my typing on it's own.

This is the first snail trails I have done even though it has been one of my favorite blocks.  I am sorry the two colors are so close in value but I only had a few pieces from a scrap bag I bought last year.  Most were golds and pinks.   Thank you so much for making this quilt.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 9:12 PM

Marsha-SM, 

I hope you will take your new computer back and get a better one. Do it now before time gets away from you. If your not happy now, you won't get used to it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965

I have finished the Quilt for Jules! It is on it's way to her. Should be there Tues.  I want to thank you for all the blocks, Thea had made several, I made three to make up 30. With sashing sand border it was an over sized Queen size Quilt.  I hope she will like it. I attached a label on the back, from her QCA sisters.  I want to post a photo so all of you can see that indeed your blocks were used, and they were all beautiful!!!!   Thea states Jules doesn't get on QCA  since all the problems started.  So I think I am safe posting this.  Picture to follow on Tuesday, when I am sure she has received her Quilt!   Thank you again!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 14,190

Candis, it was so great of you to complete the quilt. I can't wait to see it!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 3:51 PM

I talked with Julienne yesterday and she has not been on QCA since before she got married. So it should be good.  She knows it is coming from California and was very concerned as to whether it was addressed right or not.  She did finally call the Post Office in her town and they will make sure it gets to her.  I can't wait to see it either!

Jan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965

Thanks Jan! I will post photos now  . I sent the Quilt UPS. Thea gave me the address, and we confirmed it  just before I mailed!   I hope it will be Ok.  Here it is girls! You all did great!! Hope you all approve!The colors are so much brighter than this photo!  

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Oh my gosh Candis. You did a fabulous job. I know she will be very pleased with this quilt. Thank you so much for finishing it and doing all the work. You did a great job. I just can't say enough about it.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,877
Points 32,585
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 10:01 PM

Candis, it is gorgeous. Thanks so much for all the work you put into it. I love how you placed the blocks. What an awesome gift indeed!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 11:10 PM

It is very pretty !!

I love what you did !!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965

zoetc49:

It is very pretty !!

I love what you did !!

Thank you zoetc49'. You did send a block! It's there, all of them are there that I received, promise!!!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965

Roxana, and Melissa thank you, I am so happy you like it! ,  makes my day!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 167
Points 3,050
Carmel replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:59 AM

Candis:

You did a great job putting this together, thanks you all your work. It is beautiful.

Have a great weekend.

Macungie, PA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 8:40 AM

Candis, I am having great problems with my internet - it is hit or miss - not QCA this time but AT&T.  I am hoping that this posts as I have been trying for hours - it seems to post but then isn't there.

I love the work that you did for this quilt.  I can never thank you enough and am sending big virtual hugs to you and all the members who made blocks for Julz' quilt.  I didn't tell her we were doing this as I was afraid members wouldn't make blocks nor that it would happen... I didn't want to disappoint her.  Now it is done and it is so gorgeous.  It is a pattern that I think you should write up and sell.  

Everyone did a wonderful job and although Julz is a little better she has a long long way to go and I know just having this quilt will lift her spirits.  The Good Lord will hear and see all that you did for her and will answer all our prayers for her health.  

Candis, I can never thank you enough for what you did by saying Yes when I asked you to receive all these blocks and make them into a quilt for someone you did not know.  You are truly the sweetest most wonderful woman that I know.  I am so thankful that you came back to QCA when you did.  

I hope to be back soon when they have my internet figured out - it is some crossed wires in some box somewhere on my street... the signal is hit or miss and sometimes I get on and others that little circle just keeps going round and round and makes me so frustrated... 

Thank you wonderful women of QCA.  You are all so wonderful!  

I hope this makes it on!

Page 9 of 11 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use