Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 206
Points 3,230

Hi Suzette,

welcome and nice meeting you.  Nice Corgi picture.   I'm also a dog lover and I have done obedience training without the clicker, I use voice and play after  good work, because one can't click in the obedience ring, but voice praise is permitted.   My best time was earning a CD, CDX and UD in 6 month with a German Shepherd Dog.  I used to have cats, but I had to give them up, severe cat allergy forced me to.  My husband and I have one GSD and one mini poodle at this time.  I'm new at quilting and I would love some good advise about quilting.

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 8:06 AM

You have to ASK?? You betcha!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 12:05 PM

Thanks to Sukochi, Karla & Marianne for the warm welcomes!

What a lovely group of quilters I happened upon when I joined this forum! You are all such a friendly, sweet bunch!

For those in this area, I would love to get together with you ladies at the next quilt  show in Atlanta - that is assuming we are still in the Atlanta area come fall! haha  We are looking to possibly move to Amelia Island in the very near future, so Susan, I might be living a lot closer to you in the coming months! :-)

Ahh, Marianne, nothing like clicker training, is there? I love how well it works and how it teaches your dog to think. I also find it builds confidence in dogs that might not have a lot to begin with. Do you still have German Shepherds? Growing up we had a collie/shepherd mix that was a fantastic dog!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 12:07 PM

Oh, one other quick question, I see some of you have pretty signatures at the end of your posts. I used to have a site I used to generate these signatures, but must have deleted it. Could you share what site you ladies used to generate yours? Thanks!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 3:24 PM

Welcome Suzette!  Its something how one project can become a lifelong hobby.  My BIL said the other day sewing and quilting is a dieing art but my DH spoke up that the art isn't because each time he's sitting in the car waiting for me comeout of my local Joann store he sees how many people are still shopping there and buying alot of fabric.  Good hobbies can't fade.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 6:33 PM

Hi Is2116! Yes, from that one little whim to make my daughter a quilt, it's turned into a fabulous 16 year (and counting) journey! :-)

The dog in your avatar is a real cutie pie!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,187
Points 15,895
Susan replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 12:06 AM

Susan :
]My family is contemplating a move to Amelia Island.
                                 Suzette, I just found out that our secretary at my work place has been going  to Fernandina  Beach/ Amelia Island her entire life as her family own a condo there. She is envious that you are moving there and wishes she could, too. I will be going to Fernandina tomorrow for a work related trip but plan on shopping and having lunch at one of the restaurants she recommended. If you do move there it is about 66 miles from where I live, and hopefully, we can get together some time. I just wish the weather was a little warmer here, suppose to be in the 60s, not exactly beach weather. It will still be enjoyable, Im sure.         Susan

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use