Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette Posted: Sun, Jan 12 2014 4:47 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Suzette and I've been a quilter for about 16 years now. When my daughter was 2, I decided I wanted to make her a quilt. I found a relatively simple pattern in a craft magazine, bought a $98 sewing machine from Walmart along with some pretty pastel fabrics and got busy! It turned out fairly decent (it's my daughters favorite quilt to this day even though it is lovingly stored away in her closet) and my passion for quilting was born.

I am a machine piecer and quilter (but love hand applique!) and these days I sew on a Janome Horizon (which a adore!) and some of my happiest hours are spent in my quilt room. It's my passion, my therapy and, on some days, my salvation! haha

I am also an avid pet lover and my hubby and I share our home with one adorable Pembroke Corgi named Piper and three amazing cats. Besides quilting, I spend my time as a dog behaviorist/trainer using positive reinforcement and clicker training techniques.

I am so looking forward to getting to know all of you and to share and learn along the way!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Welcome to QCA Suzette! You will find so many friends here, I hope you share your creations with us in the Media section. Love seeing others work!  Dive right in and get involved in the groups, so many wonderful helpful, caring people here!  Glad your here!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:45 PM

Welcome, Suzette ! Well you have come to the right place as most of us quilters share your passion for quilting. It definitely  is good therapy  and saves lots of money  you would pay on a therapist. LOL  I put music on while Im in my sewing room with a hot cup of tea and Im as happy and content as can be. Im also, a animal lover, we have 2 Dachshunds who are like our children. We did have cats, one who lived to be 18 yrs. old, who I got when she was 7 weeks  so I was very attached to her,  and was heart broken when we had to put her down. Have you looked around the site ? There is lots going on in groups and there is an applique group, too.  I just got a new Janome  for Christmas and my dream machine is the Horizon. How do you like it ?  Im looking forward to chatting with you and maybe seeing some pictures of your projects.             Susan, North, Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome Suzette - You will love it here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:12 PM

Welcome Suzette

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 7:45 AM

Thanks ladies for the warm welcomes!

Susan, I really love my Horizon! It has been my dream machine for quite awhile now and my hubby decided Christmas was the perfect time to make that dream a reality! It purrs along and produces the most amazing stitches. I'm still learning all this machine can do, but already one of my favorite things is that the foot pedal is so wonderfully responsive and sensitive (something that is very important when I'm FMQ'ing). Anyway, I highly recommend this machine.

Also, I see you are in Northern Florida. My family is contemplating a move to Amelia Island. Are you near this area? I would love any feedback you have about this area. :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 10:28 AM

Suzette:
My family is contemplating a move to Amelia Island. Are you near this area? I would love any feedback you have about this area. :-)

Suzette, Only hear wonderful things about Amelia Island . Its a pretty place and expensive, too. I do not know anyone that lives there just people who vacationed  and had weddings there. Where are you in Georgia ?   Susan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 10:53 AM

I am just a bit north of Atlanta. We have vacationed a few times on Amelia Island and just fell in love with it. We know we want to retire to a beach community and think Amelia would be a lovely place to put down some new roots. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 7:56 PM

Hi Suzette, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:25 PM

Suzette:
I am just a bit north of Atlanta
              Suzette, My DD and her family live in Mid Georgia near Warner Robbins. Have you been to the Quilt Show in or near Atlanta ? I would like to go this year, so maybe we could meet there. Jenny Doan was there last time I was so disappointed that I missed meeting her in person. it would be fun to meet up if you would like , let me know ???             Susan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 2:27 PM

Hey Gini - thanks for nice welcome!

Susan, I did go to the quilt show in Atlanta in September and got to meet Jenny Doan - a real high point for me! I just love shopping at MSQC and watching her tutorials on YouTube. She really is funny, smart, talented and as super nice as she seems on those videos!

I would love to meet up with you at the next quilt show! That would be fun!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 5:34 PM

Suzette, I was in the third row seeing Jenny Doan!!! She put her arm around me! I was the one who askrf her to go home with me. LOL

I live in the north Georgia mountains.  where are u?

Welcome to QCA.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 6:14 PM

Welcome Suzette.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 7:54 PM

Suzette:
I would love to meet up with you at the next quilt show! That would be fun!
        Suzette,    When the time gets closer we will have to make plans to meet.     Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 7:57 PM

Sukochi, Would you be interested in going to the next quilt show in Atlanta ? If so, the three of us could meet there.   Susan

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use