Pat

Pat   From Canada

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

If you are talking about the Folded Star tutorial on the Moda Bakeshop site, it is not hard once you get past the poorly written instructions.  I just finished one, and I made lots of notes as I went along so that the next one I make will go together a little better.  The best tip I can share is to cut the rectangles for the outermost two rows a half an inch wider than specified.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,299 Posts
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 8:44 AM

I did one last year. I received the pattern with my birthday packages from Thea I believe in 2012.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,220 Posts
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 11:09 AM

I've made many of these...but not recently.  I bought one at a road-side stand on a trip through the southwest and came home and made my own pattern.  I sold them in an artisan's shop in our small tourist town.  My design was basically with folded prairie points then hand-stitched (or machine tacked) to a backing in a star shape; then made into a pot-holder.  It was time consuming, but not hard at all! 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
405 Posts
Points 8,230
Pat A replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 1:58 PM

I made several of these a few years ago.  They are not hard but they do take a lot of fabric.  There are a number of videos on YouTube which should help you along.

Pat A. in KY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,305 Posts
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 7:58 PM

Pat, nothing there...

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
77 Posts
Points 1,215

http://plumeasypatterns.com/media/Template$20Slide$20Show.pdf

This pattern for folded star hot pads comes with an interfacing template which makes these very easy.  The templates are available separately if you already have the pattern.  I got them at my local quilt shop and have seen them several places since.

stitcheraz

Top 150 Contributor
Female
405 Posts
Points 8,230
Pat A replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 8:49 AM

Go to You Tube.com and do a search for Folded Star Hot Pads.  A variety of projects for the folded star will come up including the hot pads. 

Pat A. in kY

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use