Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 410
Suzette replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 7:54 AM

I quilt because it not only satisfies my creative side but just makes me plain old happy! I love playing with colors, patterns and fabric. It makes me happy to know that the folks I gift my quilts to are loving and enjoying using them as much as I enjoy making them. And when I am under my own quilts on a chilly evening, and I look around my living room and see my daughter and hubby snug under theirs, it just makes me smile.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 4:24 PM

I quilt because it gives me satisfaction to have been able to create something by manipulating fabric. That satisfaction is an important part of my well being. Quilting is my way of maintaining good mental health without the use of medication. In plain words, over the years I have had other hobbies but in each case it was my sanity saver. The fact that it gives me beautiful end products is a real bonus. I also find joy in being able to share the end result with someone else. Whether this is a dearly loved person or a total stranger the joy is the same. Of all the hobbies I have pursued over the years none has been as fulfilling as quilting because there are just so many different facets and avenues in quilting unlike most other hand work forms..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:25 PM

I'm supposed to have a reason?!?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 11,095
Candis replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:30 PM

I'm supposed to have a reason?!?

LMAO,!,,, True Dat!!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 105

I feel the same way.  I love the look on their faces when they see the beautiful finished outcome of that pile of material I had on the table.  After it all finally comes together.  I also give all of mine away.  They just treasure them. (family)  Have two more going at the same time.  Hit a wall on the first one, had to take a break for a while.  This is my first visit on this site, I think it's great!  Will be checking it out more often.   Happy Quilting!                Pat

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:52 PM

My husband does not understand. When I first started quilting he said if I wanted a blanket, why didn't I just go buy one??!  Sometimes I think he is right. Most of the time, not!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 10:00 PM

I quilt because I am Bipolar, and have a very low self esteem, and it calms me and makes me feel worthy. I quilt because I love all the colors and patterns are so intriguing. I am not a good quilter but I am a happy quilter.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 11:55 PM

Happiness is a worthy goal.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 5:36 AM

Just because

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:25 PM

Where dome get this reason??  I have almost all the rulers made, several rotary cutters, ditto mats, all the fabric in the world, a couple of sewing machines and a longarm so I guess if I need a reason to keep quilting, I'm gonna get me one of them too!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:53 PM

Vivian :

My husband does not understand. When I first started quilting he said if I wanted a blanket, why didn't I just go buy one??!  Sometimes I think he is right. Most of the time, not!

If you want to get warm, go wrap up in a blanket.  If you want to feel loved, go wrap up in a quilt made by someone you know.  Therein lies the difference between a blanket and a handmade quilt.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 11,095
Candis replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 10:30 PM

Quiltless that is beautifully said!!  Sums it up!

MODESTO, CA.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use