Top 10 Posters

Quilt Dimension Needing Some Clarification??

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 40
Leighlou posted on Mon, Jan 6 2014 12:27 AM

This is going to be my third quilt and it is a bit of a large one. All others I made were baby blankets.

However I'm following a pattern for this on and for the finished size it says 81 in square. I'm assume this mean the quilt will be 81x 81? (I feel really silly asking this question but I want to make sure I get the right sizing.)

Also, for this particular pattern it calls for piecing batting together, but if I use batting that is larger than my quilt instead of using smaller sizes, couldn't I just do that? 

Just for clarification, the pattern I'm using is the one on the cover of this book.

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,195 Posts
Points 24,070

You are correct the finished size will be 81 inches square.  You will not need to piece the batting if you use a larger size.  I buy my batting on the roll so it is 94 inches and then I cut the amount I need.  I always have left overs so I often piece batting to be frugal.  I LOVE the fusible tape for piecing the batting.  Good luck it is a lovely pattern

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 40

Thank you for the help! ^_^ Now I can go crazy in the fabric store!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,195 Posts
Points 24,070

I forgot to add that if you do not want it square you can just add extra rows to make it longer to use as a bedspread

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use