Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 17,320

Roxana:

That sounds great. I can meet you in Benton right off I-30 at my husband's golf shop. I hope it works out.

I vacationed in Arkansas last summer and stayed in Benton while visiting Hot Springs for the music festival.  If I stay the night with my friend in Richardson, TX, I can be in Benton by 1 pm easily, and we can spend the night closer to Sevierville so as to arrive by noon or before the 1st day of the retreat.  That way we won't miss much quilting!

OK, I'm definitely in if the retreat happens.  And from the good time everyone appeared to have last year, I really hope it happens. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 4:49 PM

Does anyone know the cost of the retreat yet? Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 17,320

hhhdmh:

Does anyone know the cost of the retreat yet? Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

It depends on how many attend, but in the first post, Mary said she tried to keep the cost around $200.00.  Which for a whole week seems to be a good price.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,560
Points 23,665
Susie replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:53 AM

I want to get to one retreat this year...but it depends on when.  I am going to watch the dates to see which one works for my schedule and go from there.  I'm not tied to any specific time of the year--except that September/October and December/January do not work for me due to fiscal and calendar year ends.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 11:10 AM

Nope that's not bad at all. God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 12:28 PM

Darlene, I went 2 years ago and it was a wonderful retreat. A beautiful big two story log cabin up in the Mts. on a lake. wrap around porches on both floors, jacuzzi, lots of baths and bedrooms. living room, upstairs, Den, down stairs. If you want privacy and quiet its there, If you want social time its there, too. The sewing room is huge, we had a bout 20 something all around in a big circle and there was more than enough room for everybody and all there stuff.  There were several nice quilt  shops within driving distance that we went to. The owner, Sara, s DH took us out on the lake in his boat. We went to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg  etc. Meeting everyone was the best of all.   Especially the Gremlins!  I would recommend it to anyone wanting a summer retreat.            Susan

forge and Gatlinburg to sight see

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 191
Points 3,245
hhhdmh replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 12:39 PM

Sounds like fun. If I can afford it I would like to bring my sister with me. Do you know when the retreat usually is? Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 2:37 PM

Not to worry, Kathy. I am not going.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 3:04 PM

Sukochi

We had hoped you would be able to make it again.   And you are not the reason Kathy isn't coming.  She had to move to Nevada after her DH passed away and that kind of travel just isn't in the cards this soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 4:40 PM

Kathy:
I will not be able to attend this year.

Sure sorry to hear that Kathy but I totally understand with everything that has happened.  I, for one, will miss you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I posted final info on the retreat. Please check it out here: QCA Retreats

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Mary Hayden:

I posted final info on the retreat. Please check it out here: QCA Retreats

If you went to the group before I changed it just now, you will find the dates changed to August 2-9 to accommodate those who cannot make it so early in June. The price is dropped to $225.00 thanks to Sara And Mike giving us repeat and quilting discount.

We need 20-25 to sign up. Check with your local guild and if they will put up, and even join in on our craziness, it will be fun to meet new folks.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use