Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti Posted: Thu, Jan 2 2014 1:51 PM

What I am working on today will not be a big stash buster, but at least a small dent.  I have started Garden Party, (see applique group for this.)  My goal is to use stash for all the applique.  (Except for the tree, it's a big tree.)  I have already purchased all the back ground.  However those are some pretty big applique pieces,  It will be a challenge to do so.   I'll post a picture later, (this evening?) to show you how much is stash and how much new. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,645
Points 61,875
Jacy replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 2:23 PM

Patti, this is one of my goals for this year. To use the fabric I already have and not buy any more. I told my Son I shouldn't buy any fabric until the retreat in Nov........he said I could never do it. So now the challenge is on............to use fabric from my stash for my projects this year.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195

I used mostly stash for the Bonnie Hunter MQ. I also used mostly stash for the first Quilty BOM, and I actually pulled it out of the pile of UFOs and finished it. It's now on the back of my couch. It was fun to see how much I could find in my stash for both of these quilts. I don't have a huge stash so I am not real concerned about using it up, I'm more concerned about not spending a ton of money. Of course the way prices are going up maybe I should be trying to build my stash. LOL 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 7:44 PM

I have used up a bunch of stash over the year, but i seem to replace more than I use up

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70

Hello,Gini, just joined today and so excited. I hope the blog i easy use. Linda

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

I've been using my stash.  Just finished cutting out all the pieces for Merry Mayhem's New Years Day mystery -- all from stash.  I have about half the blocks done, so hope to actually finish it tomorrow.  I also used my stash for BH Celtic Solstice except for three half yard pieces I purchased. 

My goal this year is to use the majority of what I need for a quilt from my stash and only purchase if I need to fill in a colour I don't have.  I've gone overboard at buying fabric -- all on sale -- and want to use up as much as I can.

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:29 PM

I love this stash idea... How many are brave enough to post pics of their overwhelming stash?  lol...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:42 PM

Kelley:
How many are brave enough to post pics

With the way QCA has been behaving, I would create more problems with all the pictures I would post.  It has just gotten back to relatively normal operation.  Besides my stash is not all in one place.  It's scattered all over the house.  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,645
Points 61,875
Jacy replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:50 PM

Mimi:
Besides my stash is not all in one place.  It's scattered all over the house.

Yep, me too. I'd have to take multiple photos. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

My stash is all in my studio, but scattered all over the room. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:01 PM

I too would have to take many photos... just a fun thought...lol..

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:05 PM

probably a guess on the small side..lol.. but I would gander I have close to 500 yards of fabric stash...lol.. but I still seem to never have exactly what I want...lol...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:06 PM

oh and thats not counting fat quarters and scraps...lol.. I am soooo bad.....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 24,230
Roxana replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:10 PM

Well, I agree with Mimi and Jacy about posting pictures of my stash but I would love for us to continue discussing USING our stash as a means of encouraging each other. I, too, couldn't resist the Craftsy sale. I might need to just direct those emails to my trash! LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 24,230
Roxana replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:11 PM

Kelley:

probably a guess on the small side..lol.. but I would gander I have close to 500 yards of fabric stash...lol.. but I still seem to never have exactly what I want...lol...

Kelley, I'm right there with you!

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use