Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 7:55 PM

Quilting is supposed to be an enjoyable relaxing experience, no matter what your skill level.  So sit back relax and don't worry about how much you can or can't do.  My family loves my quilty gifts no matter how amateurish they are.  At least they claim they do.   Perhaps there is a big scurry around their houses when they see my car coming up the drive, trying to remember where they put those doggone ugly quilts so they can throw them on the bed.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:13 PM

That's how I feel Gini. I use my "woman cave" and quilting as my escape. No stress and a place to escape my hectic pace. The end products are just gifts of love and as long as people pretend to like them, I'm happy.

Sherry

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

I feel the same way Gini.  I have just spent the last two days hand sewing some blocks because I love sitting on the sofa and doing something with my hands.  I do have to admit my family thinks anything I do is great, but I am the one who wants the block to look as perfect as possible and I will redo until I feel they are right. I find it relaxing and it keeps the brain going by challenge myself.  

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70

Hello  jjjlewis i just joined today. having aliitle trouble with seeing video or anything else for that fact and since your name was the first to pop up that you amy know what i'm doing wrong. thank you so much;) Linda

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205

Hi Ginny 

We are just north of Gladwin, MI and I am familiar with Higgins Lake. It is presently - (minus) 13 degrees but house is warm so I am good. If you are in southeast Michigan then you probably got hit with snow. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205

Hi Ginny 

We are just north of Gladwin, MI and I am familiar with Higgins Lake. It is presently - (minus) 13 degrees but house is warm so I am good. If you are in southeast Michigan then you probably got hit with snow. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205

Hi Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,630
Ginny replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:04 AM

Hi jjj, I know the area you are in a little, My son has property by Gladwin.  He is up there frequently for hunting and fishing.  Not me because his place is unfinished and pretty primitive according to my standards.  LOL   I also have cousins that live on Houghton Lake.  So the area is familiar to me.  If I remember correctly, I think there is a quilt shop or 2 around your area, isn't there?  I know there are also Amish in the area, with all of their talents.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,630
Ginny replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:07 AM

JJJ, I didn't answer you question, I see now.  Yes, we got snow and it is -4 here last that I looked.  Don't really want to go out today, but have to keep a Dr. appt., darn it all.    Ginny

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use