Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205
jjjlewis Posted: Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:11 AM

Happy New Year to everyone from Michigan where this morning it is .3 degrees..   Perfect weather to stay inside with the ball games on and sew.   I started new project yesterday.  Love starting new things!  

We moved to northern Michigan last June and I must say I like this lake living.  I did not start quilting until sometime in my fifties and then life got busy and did not pick itmupmagain until 2012.  I love to make and create things and have done smaller projects.  Have not yet tackled a full size quilt but I have pattern and material that i fell in love with and hope to start this month.  

For Christmas my DH (does this stand for darling husband?) built a peg board for my quilting tools. I just love it and makes finding things so much easier.  I hope everyone has a great beginning of the new year and I'll look forward to meeting you all. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:16 AM

Welcome jjjlewis!  What's the new project? 

This is a great group of people here, in spite of the technical difficulties.   Lots of helpful folks with lots of knowledge.  And we love pictures!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:27 AM

Welcome JJJ!  Speaking of pictures, how about a picture of your nifty peg board?  My DH responds well to visual cues!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205

I started a baby quilt designed by Michele Scott called Tweet Hearts and done in flannel fabrics.  Love the feel of flannel and we are hoping to get a new grand baby before 2014 is over.  

Looking forward to learning from everyone. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205

I'll see if I can figure out how to post picture.  He really did a great job. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Welcome jjjlewis

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Welcome jjj.  I am also from Michigan. You will love this group.  I have not been quilting that long and the few quilts that I have made for the most part have been simple patterns.  I joined a group Loyal Union Soldier and I have learned so much.  Everyone is so helpful and I am now doing blocks I would never would have looked at.  Good luck with your projects and looking forward to seeing your pics.

Jeanette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 8:52 AM

Welcome jjjlewis,  Where in Northern Michigan are you enjoying the lake living?  I have several family members who also are enjoying lake living in Northern Michigan. With one aunt who is a quilter living up near Higgins Lake. Just wondered if you were anywhere near any of them.  As for me, I enjoy nearby lake living in southeastern Michigan.  Actually have a river and a nature center behind me, so it's like living up north.  Enjoy your time here.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:01 AM

Hello jjj, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:55 AM

Hi and welcome, JJJ, nice to have you join us.  DH means Dear Husband but I like Darling Husband as well.  Can't wait for pics of your peg board.  When you are writing a text, above in the bar is a film strip, click on that, find the pic from your computer, "choose" or "insert", whatever your computer instructs and voila it appears.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Hi jjj, welcome to the group.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 1:46 PM

Marie:

Hi and welcome, JJJ, nice to have you join us.  DH means Dear Husband but I like Darling Husband as well.  Can't wait for pics of your peg board.  When you are writing a text, above in the bar is a film strip, click on that, find the pic from your computer, "choose" or "insert", whatever your computer instructs and voila it appears.

Dear Husband, Darling Husband and in my case sometimes Dam* Husband.  I say that endearingly, but sometimes his projects and plans get in the way of my quilting plans.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205

I'll post a pic as soon as I get my Mac running again. Part is on the way. 

Pit is so nice to be able to put my hands on tools that I need quickly. 

We move here last of may 2013 and I have a large quilting space with lots of windows. 

Lucky ME!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,280

Nice meeting you jjjlewis,

Happy New Year to you to. I started quilting last year, when I turned 70.  I started with potholders, place mats followed and from there I went to a table runner and crib size quilt.  My husband started to sew after I had a problem with my sewing machine.  He fixed my problem and he was still sitting on my sewing machine, claiming it as his.   We bought him his own sewing machine.  :-)

Marianne

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205

Marianne that is such a cool story.  So do you ever work on a project together or is that something that may be taboo  .:)  I would gladly share my quilting with my DH.  

I sometimes think I've started this interest so late in life that I'll never reach a level of expertise that I wish I had but then I know I must just enjoy the process.  I am hoping to learn long arm this month at our local quilt .  

Thanks for your welcome .  

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use