Getting to know everyone

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
squirty Posted: Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:50 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself a little better and to say thanks to everybody for making me feel welcome.  I have quilted for about 8 years and have made about 20 quilts and many table runners, pillows and other small items.  I am self taught so there are many things i still don't understand or able to do.  The biggest quilt i have made is a full size and i was able to quilt it on my kenmore sewing machine.  But thanks to my wonderful husband, my quilting machine will be shipped this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm very excited and  scared about it.  Also, I'm still getting used to this web site and have some trouble navigating around it, so that is also on my quilting to do list. And i'm still trying to figure out how to upload my pictures.  Thanks again everyone-------------------------squirty, aka, Anita

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

Anita, congratulations on a new machine. Great way to start the new year. Now you have to learn to take pics and post them so we can ooh and ahhh over them. We love pics. Ask questions on how to post pics and someone can jump in and help you. Looking forward to seeing your projects!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:02 AM

Welcome Anita.  On your home page you will see the the left, welcome to QCA with a list of things to click on for information about the site, etc.  There is a section on how to post pics in the gallery, which is a bit different than posting a picture here. 

Here: when you start a message, you will see in the box, a little green film strip.  click on that.  load the picture, (I browse and take from my desktop) then click insert.  wait what seems a long time.  your picture will show up.  then scroll down and click on post.  It takes a while. 

congratulations on the machine.  I started with a kenmore and it served me well.  You will be amazed at all the things the newer machines can do.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Wow what a great gift.  Have fun learning all that your new machine will do.  It took me awhile to work around this site and know I am on more often and have joined several groups.  To post a picture if you look at the tool bar you count from the first tab (B) and go over to the tenth tab (it looks like a rectangle with a small circle).  when you press that one you can go and choice a file.  Once you choice your pic just press insert and you are done.    I hope this helps you.

Jeanette

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Welcome Anita

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,833
Marie replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:23 AM

Hi and welcome Anita, glad you have joined us, enjoy! 

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome Anita and congrats on the new machine.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 9:54 PM

Welcome Anita.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 11:36 PM

Welcome Anita.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 4:20 AM

Welcome, Anita ! And congrats on that new machine ! My DH got me a new Janome for Christmas, too, and Im  just loving it. Hope to see some pics of your projects.     Susan,  North Florida            

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 8:50 AM

Hi anita and welcome This site has provided a live breathing ground of inspiration for me.  Anita and Susan which machine  did you get?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,195
Pat A replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 8:55 AM

Welcome
Anita.  Looking forward to seeing your jpics.

Pat A. in KY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 10:06 AM

ls2116:
 Anita and Susan which machine  did you get?
                                                    Is, I got the Janome 6500 memory craft and so far I just love it. I want to learn to quilt my own quilts so this is a start as it has a 9.5 throat . Its so much different and better than what I had, although they were great starter machines for me. My Dream Machine is the Janome Horizon but that wont be for a long.... time, if ever.                               Susan

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use